Jump to content
MeroMero

tutorial [Tutorial][HGSS] Change the shiny probability

Recommended Posts

Main effect:

The probability is PP/65536.

PP is equal to 08 by default.

You can now put the value 10 (16 chances in 65536), like in Gen VI.

  • Decompress arm9.bin.
  • Go to offset 0×70080* and change the value 08 into QQ.
  • QQ can take any value from 00 (no shiny at all) to FF (roughly 1 in 257 chance).

*Regions' differences:

Language		Shiny chance

Japanese		0×6FAC0
Spanish HG		0×70078
Korean HG		0×7017C
Korean SS		0×70174
Others			0×70080

Side-effect:

Formula reminder: (Trainer ID ⊕ Secret ID) ⊕ (16 leftmost bits of PID ⊕ 16 rightmost bits of PID) = CID

What I call the CID (stands for Color ID) must be a number between 0 and 7 included for its bearer to be shiny.

For example let's say you decided to update the value from 0×08 to 0×10, what will happen you may ask?

Any caught Pokémon who happens to have their CID between 8 and 15 included and who weren't shiny before the update will turn shiny!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 7:57 PM, voxhack92 said:

hxd is good just find the 00070080 and then on line 6 u should see 08 and change it to FF.

I can't find 00070080 but I can find multiple instances of 070080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this topic completely dead? I used hxd editor, found Offset (h) 00070080, looked in line 06 like voxhack said, but I have an 09 there, not an 08, theres no other 08's in the line. Also, what should the bytes per row be set to? Some help would be much appreciated.

 

When I change the 09 to an FF, the game just crashes at the main screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, joevw007 said:

Is this topic completely dead? I used hxd editor, found Offset (h) 00070080, looked in line 06 like voxhack said, but I have an 09 there, not an 08, theres no other 08's in the line. Also, what should the bytes per row be set to? Some help would be much appreciated.

 

When I change the 09 to an FF, the game just crashes at the main screen.

Check out this thread by @theSLAYER. This method should be far less troublesome. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, HaxAras said:

Check out this thread by @theSLAYER. This method should be far less troublesome. 

 

Will this work the method you mention is for gold and silver this post is for heartgold and soulsilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figred out how, but I get this message when I try to import my new arm9.bin file "File is too small! Enter a new location(V): No data after the previous position ROM makes new is recommended."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, Salvo said:

Figred out how, but I get this message when I try to import my new arm9.bin file "File is too small! Enter a new location(V): No data after the previous position ROM makes new is recommended."

Import using the option name "Compression" instead of "Import". I read that that is how that error can be avoided.

BTW, for this method, the Pokemon only appears shiny in the modded rom.
When traded away, most of the Pokemon caught with this mod will appear non-shiny.
(I've tested this. A Shiny Ledyba I caught is actually non-shiny in other games.
This method doesn't regen a shiny PID, but rather just changes the game's threshold)
 

On 7/2/2017 at 3:13 AM, Fennekin101 said:

Is there any way to do this for 5th gen games? Thanks in advance

here: https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/26678-how-can-i-change-the-chance-to-encounter-a-shiny-pokemon-in-pokemon-bw/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kamaris said:

Can anyone send a pre-made file because I can't do it.

that would be sending you a file from inside a ROM, can't do that. Against the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

that would be sending you a file from inside a ROM, can't do that. Against the rules.

No send me the whole ready to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kamaris said:

No send me the whole ready to go.

Asking for ROMs are also against our rules. Please read up on our various rules before posting again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Asking for ROMs are also against our rules. Please read up on our various rules before posting again.

Is there a better tutorial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kamaris said:

Is there a better tutorial?

as far as I can tell, the first post to this thread tells you literally what you need to do:

  • Decompress arm9.bin.
  • Go to offset (list above) and change the value 08 into QQ.
  • QQ can take any value from 00 (no shiny at all) to FF (roughly 1 in 257 chance).

That is pretty much as clear cut as it could be.
Rather ask for a "better tutorial", tell us which part you didn't understand, and we can proceed to elaborate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

as far as I can tell, the first post to this thread tells you literally what you need to do:

  • Decompress arm9.bin.
  • Go to offset (list above) and change the value 08 into QQ.
  • QQ can take any value from 00 (no shiny at all) to FF (roughly 1 in 257 chance).

That is pretty much as clear cut as it could be.
Rather ask for a "better tutorial", tell us which part you didn't understand, and we can proceed to elaborate.

Alright then i can't find 0x70080.

Edited by Kamaris
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...