ROM/SAV hacking HELP!

Okay, I've downloaded PPRE. I have pokesav. I also have something called dslazy.

I've recently bought and received the Acekard 2i, along with a Micro SDHC card and a MicroSD USB port.

What do I do now? I'm very new to all of this, so please be patient with me. Let's start with extracting the save file of my game, say pokemon diamond. Where does it come from? How do I access it? What do I need to download onto my SD card?

Where does the ROM come from? How do I access that?

If you could give me a quick step-by-step guide on how to get a newbie started with all of this, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance for any help you give me! I can't wait to join the ROM hackers here at Project Pokemon!

~Emeraldragon

Okay, that link helps alot.

I have one more problem, though.

I downloaded both the wifi version and the 3-in-1 version. Do you need to buy some other device to use the 3-in-1 version? I'd rather not have to buy any more stuff if I can avoid it, as I don't have much money and I don't have a "steady" flow of income... :wink::redface:

When I try to use the wifi version, it simply says that it is connecting to find FTP server. After a few seconds, it reads the following error message: "Can't connect with the FTP server. Confirm the setting of the ini file." What do I do now? What's an "ini" file? What's the "FTP" server?

Thanks for your help; I'm slowing learning everything I need for ROM hacking!

~Emeraldragon

I'll try it one more time and see if I can figure it out. I'll post back here with the results in a minute.

Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I tried it a couple more times and just got the same error message. Exactly where is this trying to connect to? What is the "ini" file, and how do I "confirm" it?

Well, I'd really rather not break any laws...

I just want help using my acekard 2i to extract the ROM of my diamond game. I need to know what an "ini" file is. I need to know what an "FTP server" is. I just need instrucions for the acekard since it didn't come witth any. I'm kinda just learning as I go.

~Emeraldragon

I need to know exactly what I can do with this acekard, Right now, all I want to do is extract the save file from my diamond so I can use it with pokesav.

Once I learn how to do that, then learning the rest of the features should come with time and experimenting.

If anyone can outline exactly what I have to do to extract my diamond's save file, that would be great. Once I've done that successfully, I'll try to extract the ROM for PPRE. I'll probably need help with that, but let's just stick with the SAV files for now.

Is there anyone out there who can detail exactly what I need to do to extract the SAV file from my game? After it's extracted an on the MicroSD card, I can handle it. I need help getting the SAV from the game onto the MicroSD card.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Emeraldragon

Anyone? Can anyone help me out?

I'm not in a HUGE hurry, but I would like to get started so I can get good and knowledgable about this...

Edited by Roland

Please try to avoid double posting so frequently. You are the top thread in the ROM Editing help section you really don't need to bump it.

Use the edit post button if you are just updating information.

typical format for updating via edit would be:

"Original message"

EDIT: "Updated information"

It's pretty much universal forum etiquette to wait at least 24 hours between double-posts... I'd hate to give you an infraction for spamming...