Transferring Pokemon from Soul Silver to White(Android Emulator)

Jaycetotheface24

Well, you can use Pokécheck. When checking downloadable Pokémon, there should be button "Queue for transfer to Generation 5" (obviously this won't appear if it's already there)

You can also use "Queue selected gen 4 Pokémon for PokéTransfer to gen5" from "Manage my Pokémon". There's also that "Import Generation 4 .pkm as Generation 5 Pokémon" on the same screen.

Remember that you can upload .zip folder containing .pkm files which all have to be from either G4 or G5, can't be mixed.

Are there other ways? I dunno, maybe someone other knows other way.

Well, you can use Pokécheck. When checking downloadable Pokémon, there should be button "Queue for transfer to Generation 5" (obviously this won't appear if it's already there)

You can also use "Queue selected gen 4 Pokémon for PokéTransfer to gen5" from "Manage my Pokémon". There's also that "Import Generation 4 .pkm as Generation 5 Pokémon" on the same screen.

Remember that you can upload .zip folder containing .pkm files which all have to be from either G4 or G5, can't be mixed.

Are there other ways? I dunno, maybe someone other knows other way.

Thank you, but I don't believe I can use Pokecheck considering its an emulator.

There's a tool called Poke Transfer. It converts 4th gen .pkm file to 5th gen .pkm files.

Extract your Pokemon from SS with PokeGen, save them as .pkm, convert them with Poke Transfer and insert the converted files into your White save.

Download link as well as an explanation how it works are in this thread http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14371-Pok%E9-Transfer

There's a tool called Poke Transfer. It converts 4th gen .pkm file to 5th gen .pkm files.

Extract your Pokemon from SS with PokeGen, save them as .pkm, convert them with Poke Transfer and insert the converted files into your White save.

Download link as well as an explanation how it works are in this thread http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14371-Pok%E9-Transfer

Alright thank you that's exactly what I wanted to know:)

You also can just upload the 4th gen PKMs to Pokecheck and click "Import Generation 4 .pkm as Generation 5 .pkm" and it will do the transfer for you. Then just download the PKMs and you're good to put them into white.

The tool that BlackShark linked is sorta outdated and doesn't poketransfer exactly how the game does (it was programmed before the US release)

You also can just upload the 4th gen PKMs to Pokecheck and click "Import Generation 4 .pkm as Generation 5 .pkm" and it will do the transfer for you. Then just download the PKMs and you're good to put them into white.

The tool that BlackShark linked is sorta outdated and doesn't poketransfer exactly how the game does (it was programmed before the US release)

Without an actual DS?

Didn't know that the tool is outdated, sorry.

Yes, Pokecheck can do it too. You need to register an account there to upload .pkm files from your PC.

Click "Manage my Pokémon" choose your .pkm file and click "Import Gneration 4 .pkm as Generation 5 . Pokemon".

Then you can download your Pokemon and insert it/them into your White save.

Didn't know that the tool is outdated, sorry.

Yes, Pokecheck can do it too. You need to register an account there to upload .pkm files from your PC.

Click "Manage my Pokémon" choose your .pkm file and click "Import Gneration 4 .pkm as Generation 5 . Pokemon".

Then you can download your Pokemon and insert it/them into your White save.

And I'd still need Pokegen for this as well? Will the other still work? or is it just better to to do this way? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Yes, you still need Pokegen to extract your .pkm from SS and to insert them after transfering into your White.

As Kaphotics said Poke Transfer don't transfer the Pokemon like the game does. So I think Pokecheck will be better.

One more stupid question if I may..Do I have to have the National Dex on both games? or does it matter?

Do you have uploaded them?

Go to "Manage my Pokemon".

Click on the Pokemon you want to have on your White, scroll down and click "Download .pkm file".

If you have more then 1 Pokemon select the Pokemon you want by ticking the box on the left, scroll down and choose "Export selected Pokemon as ZIP archive of .pkm files"

After downloading your files simply insert them into your save with Pokegen.

Do you have uploaded them?

Go to "Manage my Pokemon".

Click on the Pokemon you want to have on your White, scroll down and click "Download .pkm file".

If you have more then 1 Pokemon select the Pokemon you want by ticking the box on the left, scroll down and choose "Export selected Pokemon as ZIP archive of .pkm files"

After downloading your files simply insert them into your save with Pokegen.

Oh in Pokegen theres an option to insert into save? Wow I'm dumb ok haha thanks.

Gen IV totally is the same gen as Gen V. /s

Files have to be Poketransferred to the new format, and Pokecheck does that for you.

So I can just skip and drag from one .dsv to another? Will I need to change anything like place met, etc? And also will they show up in White pokedex when I get National Dex or will they be ????.

• 2 months later...