3.1.1.3 does not have "Wa" katakana in english mode.

BeLe

I noticed the other night that when I was messing around with a Totodile (jap: Waninnoko) that the first character was missing from the name, and it actually ended up showing up in the save file that way.

Trying to copy/paste the character in from an external source resulted in "Invalid character"

Invalid character. I actually tried pasting it in from google translate before. Apparently Google can translate pokemon names now...

Anyway, after messing around trying to get the character to show up correctly a number of times with pokegen, I went and downloaded pokesav since all I needed to do was change the name.

After changing it to the correct name with pokesav I opened the save back up in pokegen.. and the Wa shows up as the tiny kana that you use for modifying other kana (i.e.: 0x30ee instead of 0x30ef that's supposed to come up)

and pasting in 0x30ef is not working.

Interestingly, this only seems to happen when I'm using a Gen 4 save. I haven't tested gen 5 saves, but I noticed that when I open the program without opening a save, I am able to find and use 0x30ef with no problem. but when I open my US SoulSilver save, I'm presented with another charactermap that is missing 0x30ef.

It's not user error as it is repeatable, though I'm sorry I should've mentioned that it was happening with a Gen 4 save in my initial post.

Hm, he's right. Even direct input from my keyboard results in invalid character.

Furthermore, in Gen IV... the character map shows ワ but actually is ヮ once you select it. And it is modifying my Totodile by changing the large one to the small one.

The character map has ワ and ヮnext to each other, but the icons in the character map are both the big one.

Edited by Guested

Further info that may or may not be helpful:

I just fired up my HG game and the character is displayed properly on my Totodile in-game.

I don't recall the last time I edited that save file with Pokegen, but I know I have at some point. So it seems this problem wasn't present in an old version of the program... but I have no idea how far back. I don't have any older versions on my computer anymore.