3rd Generation Trash Bytes

RedTroopa

Hello, I am new to these forums and I have been using Pokegen for about a year now. Recently, I tried to make an Umbreon from scratch that was from Fire Red. Everything is good except the OT has invalid Pal Park trash bytes, and the nickname is valid, but for some reason, pokecheck says that the trash bytes are Japanese, despite being from an english game. I really need someone knowledgeable of Pokegen to tell me what I'm doing wrong so it doesn't happen to me again.

Here's the link to the pokemon

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3831049

Alright thanks! I ran it through that program and half of it is fixed now. The nickname is good now, but the OT still has invalid trash bytes. Can anyone figure out what still needs to be fixed?

Here's where we're at right now...

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3831715

Here you go. You should remove the "/FFFF/0000/FFFF" and other trash bytes before running it through trashbytes.exe

Hellsing..pkm

Hellsing..pkm

Thanks! Although whenever I ran it through trashbytes.exe I took out the trash bytes and the nickname was fine, but the OT still wasn't fixed, so I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. And just so I'll know how to do it in the future, what if I want to give this guy a different nickname? What process should I go through to get valid trash bytes?

Thanks! Although whenever I ran it through trashbytes.exe I took out the trash bytes and the nickname was fine, but the OT still wasn't fixed, so I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong. And just so I'll know how to do it in the future, what if I want to give this guy a different nickname? What process should I go through to get valid trash bytes?

Just give it any nick name, check the check box, and run it through trashbytes.exe

I did just that, but now the OT trash bytes are invalid, and the nickname trash bytes are valid, but it says that they're from a German/French/Spanish game, despite being from an english game. I know that the problem isn't in pokecheck or pokegen, as you were able to get a valid one, and pokecheck verified this. I'm also running version 3.1.13 of pokegen, the latest version. Something is wrong with my trashbytes.exe or I'm just doing something wrong (the more likely of the two).

After re-naming Umbreon to Cornell and running it through trashbytes.exe I got this...

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3841243

I did just that, but now the OT trash bytes are invalid, and the nickname trash bytes are valid, but it says that they're from a German/French/Spanish game, despite being from an english game. I know that the problem isn't in pokecheck or pokegen, as you were able to get a valid one, and pokecheck verified this. I'm also running version 3.1.13 of pokegen, the latest version. Something is wrong with my trashbytes.exe or I'm just doing something wrong (the more likely of the two).

After re-naming Umbreon to Cornell and running it through trashbytes.exe I got this...

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=3841243

Probably something is wrong with your trashbytes.exe

Yup, that did it. I just dragged the .pkm file over this new trsshbytes.exe and now I just uploaded it to pokecheck and it checks out perfectly. The OT and nickname both have valid, English trash bytes and everything else is good. I really can't thank you enough for all of the help you just gave me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
You're welcome

Hey Snow, the name is Chaos. I'm having the same problem as the guy who made this topic, and I was wondering if you could help me out. At first I took a look at your trouble shooting and saw you found a solution. The thing is is that it's not working for me for some reason. After making my Dragonite with the OT name as Red, I checked it out and the OT keeps getting invalid no matter how many times I try to fix it. I tried out your updated trash byte.exe to see if it can finally fix my problem, dragged my Dragonite to the .exe, pressed enter as soon as it told me to and checked it again. The results were still the same. Can you help me out here, cause I tried asking this question to various people and search all over YouTube and so right now I just want to be done with it lol. Here is the file check itself to get more look on how I did it. *PS I did not put any trash bytes on the OT when I saved it, when I load it again on Pokegen it always come up as Red\FFFFryu*

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=9158103

Edited by ChaosAngels16

Trash bytes aren't required to be valid for ingame/friend battling.

I get that, still though I would like to know how to fix this for future reference cause I have a huge habit of making sure everything I do is perfect and legit no matter what. After seeing this error makes me what to figure out the cause of it and how to fix it in the long run. Of course I know that wanting my Pokemon to be as legal as possible is one thing, I don't plan on trading anything I make regardless and is only used for online battle purposes. As far as that I only want to get the facts needed to fixing this problem if you know anything please?

Refer to our forum's rules regarding editing of Pokemon data. You're going to have to settle for an 'imperfect' specimen as this (sub)forum does not exist to help others make 'flawless hacks'; what you currently have is perfectly legal for whatever ingame purpose you desire.

Trashbytes are not part of GF's legality -- plus, they're stripped when transferring to X/Y.

Refer to our forum's rules regarding editing of Pokemon data. You're going to have to settle for an 'imperfect' specimen as this (sub)forum does not exist to help others make 'flawless hacks'; what you currently have is perfectly legal for whatever ingame purpose you desire.

Trashbytes are not part of GF's legality -- plus, they're stripped when transferring to X/Y.

Alright if that's the case, I won't dwell on it.