My first photoshop sigs

Gallade

weavilesig.jpg

My first sig with photoshop ever (no brushes used).

Mudkip-1.jpg

My second sig.

Mew-1.jpg

My 3th sig.

Darkrai.jpg

My 4th sig.

VoltorbElectrode.jpg

My 5th sig.

Leafeon-1.jpg

My 6th sig

Ho-oh.jpg

My 7th sig

poliwhirl.jpg

Advices, ratings and oppinions are welcome!

If you want to use one you can ask me because I can still change the names on it.

G.

Edited by Gallade

Nice! Try using some smudge, or low fix...(I forget what its called) erasers to blend the Pokemon more into the background so they don't stand out as much. Overall, pretty sweet!

Hey Naru-chu, I just have tried to use some smudge tools, although I wasn't fully able to get it blend in (a bit) more I am happy with the result of my 5th sig. Thanks for the advice.

A question to the other photoshop users (I use CS4):

I was wondering what tools are the most usefull to cut out a pkmn out of it's background.. This takes me a lot of time and there must be a simpeler way than using the normal eraser (I tried the lasso tools but that takes me longer, I mus't do this wrong??)

G.

Edited by Gallade

Hey Naru-chu, I just have tried to use some smudge tools, although I wasn't fully able to get it blend in (a bit) more I am happy with the result of my 5th sig. Thanks for the advice.

I was wondering what tools are the most usefull to cut out a pkmn out of it's background.. This takes me a lot of time and there must be a simpeler way than using the normal eraser (I tried the lasso tools but that takes me longer, I mus't do this wrong??)

G.

Here's the technique I use:

Go to the Pen Tool. Make sure the option on the top is clicked so that it makes a path, not a shape layer. Then, its like a lasso tool, but with an advanced curve feature. You can make curves with it in different ways. I like to do it like so:

1. Make a starting point, or point.

2. Make another point at the end of the curve you're trying to cut out

3. Click in the middle of the line made to make a point

4. Hold Ctrl and use your mouse to drag the point so that it matches the curve.

5. Repeat until you reach the end of the path (Connect back to the starting point when finished)

6. Right click and click Make Selection

7. Voila!

Here's the technique I use:

Go to the Pen Tool. Make sure the option on the top is clicked so that it makes a path, not a shape layer. Then, its like a lasso tool, but with an advanced curve feature. You can make curves with it in different ways. I like to do it like so:

1. Make a starting point, or point.

2. Make another point at the end of the curve you're trying to cut out

3. Click in the middle of the line made to make a point

4. Hold Ctrl and use your mouse to drag the point so that it matches the curve.

5. Repeat until you reach the end of the path (Connect back to the starting point when finished)

6. Right click and click Make Selection

7. Voila!

I'm impressed. That is indeed the best and the most advanced way of doing it, but its very time consuming as well, so be warned.

There are other ways of selecting your render, including the Quick Mask tool, which works very well for complex backgrounds and renders with holes in the middle where the pen tool can't reach. For simpler backgrounds, you can use the magic wand tool. Remember to feather your selection, kids!

I'm impressed. That is indeed the best and the most advanced way of doing it, but its very time consuming as well, so be warned.

There are other ways of selecting your render, including the Quick Mask tool, which works very well for complex backgrounds and renders with holes in the middle where the pen tool can't reach. For simpler backgrounds, you can use the magic wand tool. Remember to feather your selection, kids!

If you have a bunch of holes (like a net or a hammock) then yes the Quick mask tool is the way to go. If you have like a ring...or something with only a few holes, you can still use the uberpwnsome pen tool. Here's how:

1. Click on the Paths tab on your Layer palette

2. Make a path around the outside of the image.

3. Click create new path (Looks like a sticky note being peeled, its a small icon)

4. Make a path surrounding the hole

*Repeat 3 & 4 for multiple holes.

5. Make a Selection from the first path created

6. With the path still selected, make a Selection from the second path, but when doing this, click Subtract from Selection option.

*Repeat 6 on any other hole path

7. Done!

But, I recommend using Quick Mask, because its not so time consuming.

And thanks Illithian, I hate dragging points made (Make a point, and make another point while still holding the left-click button and drag) because it messes up the wanted direction of the path.

Shouldn't one of them have a Gallade in it?

Well, uhm.. what can I say... ... yes! I already have a avatar with gallade (thanks to pokemonfan) so I have chosen others till now..

Go to the Pen Tool. Make sure the option on the top is clicked so that it makes a path, not a shape layer. Then, its like a lasso tool, but with an advanced curve feature. You can make curves with it in different ways.

I have tried this, and it works very well.. but it eats time like cookies.. (result of it and your smudging advice was the leafeon sig).. Maybe tomorrow I will try illithian's methode.

G.

I have tried this, and it works very well.. but it eats time like cookies.. (result of it and your smudging advice was the leafeon sig).. Maybe tomorrow I will try illithian's methode.

G.

You try it yet?

i feel like SOMEONE is trying to make a inside joke outta me...:eek::mad: and like you asked for the avatars? you stealin my credit? agh whatever have a good time....... jk:biggrin: anyways i dont have any of that stuff so the least i can do is say that the sigs are pretty good:rolleyes:

G.

This is totally random, but I can answer that question better. Use the Quick Selection tool (W, in the same place as Magic Wand) and switch between add to selection and decrease selection with different brush sizes (use [ and ]) and click to add or decrease selection. Feather it, then you're done.

And I'd recommend using renders anyway, so much easier.

i feel like SOMEONE is trying to make a inside joke outta me...:eek::mad: and like you asked for the avatars? you stealin my credit? agh whatever have a good time....... jk:biggrin: anyways i dont have any of that stuff so the least i can do is say that the sigs are pretty good:rolleyes:

How do you mean stealin credit?? The avatar that I had before was made by pf for me.. and later i saw you had one of the versions he made for me (not that it does matter a lot:smile:) so I decided to make one myself with the knowledge of photoshop I built up in the last weeks.

This is totally random, but I can answer that question better. Use the Quick Selection tool (W, in the same place as Magic Wand) and switch between add to selection and decrease selection with different brush sizes (use [ and ]) and click to add or decrease selection. Feather it, then you're done.

And I'd recommend using renders anyway, so much easier.

I will try it when I have some more time.. Thanks for the explanation.

Those are great gallade. When you VM'd me (visitor message) I thought you were data gallade for some reason now I understand. Its a cool avatar you got there. I love those sigs! I especially love mudkip and leafeon.

Thank you!