The Rematches Thread

wraith89

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xatu and Aerodactyl are already being used by the E4, so probably better to discount them. I'm favouring Skarmory (it's gotta be in there somewhere xD) or Togekiss

For Bruno you could give him Breloom or Lucario instead of Hitmonlee (it doesn't seem like a very good pokemon, to be honest). Also, maybe give Blaziken Bulk Up instead of Agility so that he's not a copy of Hitmonchan

Misty's Lumineon looks kinda out of place; perhaps Lanturn, Tentacruel or Milotic

If Blue's got the Exeggutor, Arcanine and Gyarados in the double battle, shouldn't he have them in the gym leader battle? Maybe switch his Flareon for Blaine's Arcanine so there aren't two Arcanines running around the place. Also, Tyranitar is also used by Lance, maybe replace Blue's with Metagross/Marowak@Thick Club/Blissey

Also, Will's got an exeggutor as well as double battle Blue, maybe replace that with Gallade/Metagross/Gardevoir/Hypno

Xatu and Aerodactyl are already being used by the E4, so probably better to discount them. I'm favouring Skarmory (it's gotta be in there somewhere xD) or Togekiss

For Bruno you could give him Breloom or Lucario instead of Hitmonlee (it doesn't seem like a very good pokemon, to be honest). Also, maybe give Blaziken Bulk Up instead of Agility so that he's not a copy of Hitmonchan

Misty's Lumineon looks kinda out of place; perhaps Lanturn, Tentacruel or Milotic

If Blue's got the Exeggutor, Arcanine and Gyarados in the double battle, shouldn't he have them in the gym leader battle? Maybe switch his Flareon for Blaine's Arcanine so there aren't two Arcanines running around the place. Also, Tyranitar is also used by Lance, maybe replace Blue's with Metagross/Marowak@Thick Club/Blissey

Also, Will's got an exeggutor as well as double battle Blue, maybe replace that with Gallade/Metagross/Gardevoir/Hypno

I'll take your suggestion for Misty.

Bruno's known for having all three Hitmons... so I'm keeping it there lorewise.

It's not a sin to have similar Pokemon for different people. I based Blue's final roster from his FR/LG rematch team for his first three Pokes and his last three are based off his Yellow version team. I would have gone Ninetales, Cloyster and Magnezone, but meh, none of them are really much of a challenge. Sure, Flareon isn't that great, but still... it's there for a reason :P

Hypno for Will... perhaps. I'm thinking of it.

Realize that both Blue and Lance had Gyarados... I don't see anything wrong with them sharing a Tyranitar :P

Klaatu, I can't get that page to load X_X

EDIT: It works now, but Blissey on Whitney? O_O

Oh boy, she'll be a perfect EXP farm :D

As it's a normal Johto Poké I didn't have a hard time deciding on that, I was rather worried about giving her Lickilicky...

The other thing that I'm not sure about is the unevolved Dragonair for Clairs rematch team, The Blastoise in Lances original team and the Venusaur for Koga... I did those 2 because it didn't seem fair to me that Charizard is used whilst the other 2 are not... and of course, because 3 Dragonites are dumb.

Blissey looks good with Whitney. It will be really hard to beat due to the high HP, and healing moves will make it super strong!

Dude. EXP farm? Seriously, people might as well go to Whitney all the time! :(

As it's a normal Johto Poké I didn't have a hard time deciding on that, I was rather worried about giving her Lickilicky...

The other thing that I'm not sure about is the unevolved Dragonair for Clairs rematch team, The Blastoise in Lances original team and the Venusaur for Koga... I did those 2 because it didn't seem fair to me that Charizard is used whilst the other 2 are not... and of course, because 3 Dragonites are dumb

I gave Whitney a team based on her theme: Pokemon of the frontier. Check it out.

Unevolved Dragonair? Yeah... I know. I was so unsure... I just evolved it unfortunately... but to be more aquatic based in moveset compared to Lance's all out crazy Outraging Dragonite.

I think the originals should be left in-tact... without modifying it so much.

Dude. EXP farm? Seriously, people might as well go to Whitney all the time! :(

I gave Whitney a team based on her theme: Pokemon of the frontier. Check it out.

Unevolved Dragonair? Yeah... I know. I was so unsure... I just evolved it unfortunately... but to be more aquatic based in moveset compared to Lance's all out crazy Outraging Dragonite.

I think the originals should be left in-tact... without modifying it so much.

If you don't have a fighting type against a Blissey you're dead. So why wouldn't she be good with Whitney?