IV generating Problems (both Stable and Beta3.0b24 version)

merlinmage

Hello folks,

thank you for this exellent program to generate Pokemon. However, I wanted to create some "legal" Pokemon with MAX IVs (all values set to 31). I set everything up (Trainer ID,secret ID, name, attacks, etc...) and then start to begin searching for a PID:

before.png

When I completed my search, PokeGen automatically changed some values (speed here):

after.png

When I set every stat to "equal" , no PID is found (search method doesn't do anything here).

How can I generate Pokemon with MAX IVs now?

Not all IV spreads are possible for a given trainer/secret ID couple. If no PID is found for the spead you want to need to either change the spread or one of the trainer and secret ID.

Chained Shiny Rayquaza? What...?

Well, I wanted all my edited/created Pokemon in PokeGen to be Shiny, so I searched desperately for a method to achieve that and ended up with the "Chained Shiny method".

If you have better ways to achieve that, please tell me. :) (And btw, a CS Pokemon had higher IVs than the non shiny counterpart, so well, quite cool^^)

Find a spread with flawless IVs, then modify the SID to make it shiny afterwards. It's impossible to obtain a chained shiny Rayquaza through normal means.

How do I find a spread with those IVs? And when I change the SID to a "shiny ID", the game considers the Pokemon as traded, doesn't it?

Another thing: If I use the methods 2-9 the legal checker says "hacked or unknown pokemon".

Edit: Saw that 2-9 are only for Gen 5 Pokemon, does this mean the games(black and white) or only the Pokemon which are introduced in Black and White?

Edited by merlinmage

Actully 2-9 are for GBA, for b/w all you have to do is save the pokemon without setting a PID.

I tested things out with Pokemon Platinum. Since I received Black/White today, I will test this out. Thanks man!

Edit: Does the game handle these Pokemon as "legal" or hacked?