B/W - Swapping an Overworld Sprite

This might be a tad premature, but is there any way known to change one particular overworld sprite in a specific area?

I know Kazo has the sprite tools but that'll only be a mass replace, unless I'm missing something. Say I wanted to change a doctor overworld in the smaller Nimbasa sport dome to Elesa's overworld. Any way to do it?

• 3 weeks later...
This might be a tad premature, but is there any way known to change one particular overworld sprite in a specific area?

I know Kazo has the sprite tools but that'll only be a mass replace, unless I'm missing something. Say I wanted to change a doctor overworld in the smaller Nimbasa sport dome to Elesa's overworld. Any way to do it?

I have the exact same issue cuz then we´ll have to replace all those sprites instead of just the one desired, however the only idea i have come up with, is to replace uncommon sprites cause they are not massively used in-game to replace them for the sprites i want, but anyway those characters are limited, so i would end up needing the same as you mentioned. Btw does the trainers sprites narc contains the VS sprites too? or is it stored in another narc?

Also info on how to add an NPC would be useful too (provided that it can be inserted of course without issues) like the following;

-Npc inserting hex codes

-If old HG/SS/D/P/PT/R/S/E trainer narcs sprites can be inserted? (without any trouble)

-Map location hex codes to place the custom sprite on an specific map location (i think pokesav helps there with the XX YY map locations but more coding may be useful)

- The battle or re-battle trigger Hex code to make the character battle or re-battle.

and i guess that´s it.

Yeah you right. Now i collect data from RAM thread in this forum, pokesav and pokegen, i just decompile these app and get many data.

If you replace narc from old game, is have trouble, you game will give error message, like hero sprite, in every seasonal route, hero have not same sprite on winter.

For trainer location.

XX YYYY ZZZZ

XX= ID

YY and ZZ = Coordinate.

For trainer set slot is in own narc.

XX YY ZZ PP OO

XX= sprite (mugshot), or battle effect

YY= sprite (front sprite)

ZZ= sound

PP= class trainer

OO= unkown

but maybe is can change if i edit more time to experiment.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah you right. Now i collect data from RAM thread in this forum, pokesav and pokegen, i just decompile these app and get many data.

If you replace narc from old game, is have trouble, you game will give error message, like hero sprite, in every seasonal route, hero have not same sprite on winter.

For trainer location.

XX YYYY ZZZZ

XX= ID

YY and ZZ = Coordinate.

For trainer set slot is in own narc.

XX YY ZZ PP OO

XX= sprite (mugshot), or battle effect

YY= sprite (front sprite)

ZZ= sound

PP= class trainer

OO= unkown

but maybe is can change if i edit more time to experiment.

Thanks andi, ive been a bit off lately from rom hacking to do some more stuff, but i will try these later :cool:

BUT is just my logical, in fact , i not found that XDDDD

please give me a time to complete for that :) because is just my logical, i just try and try make smaller to research :)

i have some structure (it will change if i was resolve some data) :

1. A trainer data (you can edit them on BWTE) :

is have many component, like Class, and much

Yeah please understand pokemon BW is more complex than old game, i worried is need over than 1 month, but for now you can edit sprite, stat pokemon, wild pokemon, trainer pokemon, evolution pokemon, move level up, tm/hm move, and much, yeah is was funny :D

if want change character ID on ROM, is need 3 narc, but i just found 1 (is just a something unkown value :( ), yeah is under my research xD

lol i noticed it when i went to try them and i was like WTF? but now i see the reason hahaha :D anyway its what i suppose aswell ! but i guess i will have to wait for that since im a bit lazy lately cuz my emulator is crashing now don´t know why, so i been testing things on my flash cart and it takes more time that way. Anyway im already aware on how to edit everything else you mentioned so far, just let me know what you find about it if you can n_n