Issues with action replay dsi and poke sav

lizyarrow

I have had issues with getting the action replay dsi to work. Most of the poke sav codes had no effect on my game.... I even tried to just edit the save directly deciding that was the best option. No go...I got the save file backed up and tried it with poke sav ineffectually. I have tried everything to get it to work downloading this program or that and even shuny's converter program. Nothing has successfully converted the file to a readable format for poke sav. I have found at least 15 similar posts and none of them have helped me. Is it just me or is this the cosmos telling me to start my game from scratch (My ds was stolen while I was at work 2 weeks ago and my pokemon I worked hard to ev train and such.. with it). I will say I have heard of issues with windows vista and the action replay but I also read that the action replay dsi would work fine with it... I hate vista with such passionate loathing I have considered chucking my laptop out the window. Is there anyone with any idea of how to help me? I am considering just swapping to another OS or buying a new laptop.... but is there anyway to help me now while I am broke as a joke again complications with the theft 2 weeks ago....?

I am trying to edit pokemon pearl.

then yes, both ar versions work and the dsi can dump the save with no issue. you might need to grab the newest driver from the datel site, but you should be good. dump the save, convert with the shunysoft thing, edit, reconvert, upload.

you need a microSD card in the dsi to dump saves, though. are you maybe not using one?

then yes, both ar versions work and the dsi can dump the save with no issue. you might need to grab the newest driver from the datel site, but you should be good. dump the save, convert with the shunysoft thing, edit, reconvert, upload.

you need a microSD card in the dsi to dump saves, though. are you maybe not using one?

I am using a micro sd card... Its just when I try to use the shuny converter the save does not load correctly I try the convert from duc/dss to the .sav suggested by most posts I have tried a few others as well. I can try going to the datel site to get the newest drivers though I have tried updating it hopefully that should help.

• 2 months later...

I have a Action Replay DSi exclusively for moving my save file into PokeSav.

First off... if it is a matter of Action Replay codes not working you must ensure you have PokeSav set to 512KB saves. Second, if you are trying to back-up your game. You will need to hunt down "Classic Offline Save Converter v2" it is the ONLY program that I have found that will successfully convert "Action Replay DSi" format save files into RAW save files (which PokeSav needs.) Past that... as "kaphotics" stated: make sure you have the right PokeSav!

(If you want, I can try and upload my XML file of my codes.)