HG/SS Restrictions?

Hi, I have a few questions about restrictions that were present in the GBA games, and if they are the same for the DS games.

1. If you add Pokémon to a trainer, will this replace other data? For example if in Fire Red you didn't create a new offset, some data would be overwritten and likely screw up another trainer.

2. Same with moves. If for example Bulbasaur has 10 moves in his level up moveset and you added two more, would this overwrite other data? If so, could you make room by removing two moves from a different Pokémon first?

3. Same with scripts. When you add to a script, does it require further steps like creating a new offset?

Thanks.

Ah okay, awesome :)

Another question: I've done some basic edits like movesets and wild Pokémon encounters, and when I try it on the DS (Before anyone rants about piracy, I have the original games, I just use it for hacking and backup). Sometimes when scripts would normally run it crashes for no apparent reason. E.G on Route 30 at the start of the game it crashed when apricorn guy came out of the house, and again on the way back when rival came along. I can't test it on an emulator as I get the black screen.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and one more. When you're creating text, how many characters can you have on a single line without going off the edge (or as standard in the game)?

HG/SS seems to be a bit more touchy when it comes to scripts, but perhaps that's only because there seem to be a greater number of locations with both wild pokemon and scripts in HG/SS, as opposed to Platinum, which keeps most of its routes and caves neat and tidy. Regardless, you have to be very careful when editing those kinds of areas, obviously. Sometimes all you can do is "disable" the scripts for that area if you want to edit the route/cave, but you have to be careful you don't eliminate something crucial to the story, like an NPC giving you a key item, etc.

As for the number of characters per line, I think it's maxed at 36 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, all scripts are up for grabs... though, of course, I have never tired to do something like that. In fact I've never heard of anyone else doing so, either, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Heh, but at least let us know if and when you complete a project like that, since I'd love to play it!