Help me check my pokemon

Triggs

Hi all. I'm new to Pokesav and these are literally my first two creations so I'd like to get them right (legal) from the start.

Appreciate it if you would help me look through the following:

kingdra.jpg

zapdos.jpg

After comparing my results to that of other forumers, what irks me is the following:

1) Neither have the 'Sync' option

2) Kingdra isn't Type 1 under IV/PID, yet is still passes as valid

3) Kingdra is listed as 'Hatched' which does not fall under the categories of Types 1-8

4) Neither has the trash byte option (i did run both files through the TrashByte app available from the forum)

Thanks in advance.

Dont Worry about the Synch stuff.

Kingdra obviouly cant be type one cause you have no PID or all 0s and for a PID that doesent match any Types the legality Checker writes Hatched.

For only 31 IVs the only possible Natures for Type 1 are Calm Modest Timid and Docile so it cant be Hardy also.

Trashbytes are only showen for Palparked Pokemon and Chaught dont even have them.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to create, but a 0 PID is baaad.

If it's from Platinum, a Sync should show up. I edited one of my RNGs from Plat with the Flawless Timid PID (2034429810), and sync popped up as valid. I'd be concerned :S

If it's hatched (case 1), it will show up as Hatched. If it is an incorrect PID, it shows up as Hacked Pokemon.

Use PokeGen, it's much better at streamlining creation. As RyuuShin said, don't use trashbytes.exe

For Egg PIDs, I suggest you toy around with RNG Reporter to get a valid PID.

Can you get Zapdos in Platinum?

Edited by Kaphotics

reason why it should/should not have a sync associated:

The "Sync Check" actually has nothing to do with Synchronize. In DPPt, certain "legitimate" IV\nature spreads are actually skipped and cannot be encountered at all.

Pokemon you encounter through certain in-game events, like gift Pokemon (Eevee, Porygon, Dialga\Palkia\Giratina from the Arceus event, etc. and roamers) have all ~4.2 billion spreads available to them. But for everything else (including wild encounters and battles with non-roamer legendaries), the generation method skips over some of these "legitimate" spreads, so they can never be found on a wild Pokemon. The Sync Check makes sure the spread is not one of those skipped spreads.

i'm not sure exactly which pokes should and shouldn't have a sync check, but that's an ok start. if zapdos is a roamer, it doesn't, if it's not, it does. for example, i have an rng-ed cress from plat that doesn't have a sync.

e: and also, apparently legal.exe has a few false positives and you just need to prove a certain spread is available through rng reporter.

e2: the zapdos on pkmdb has no sync. not sure how reliable that is, though.

Thanks for the replies. I've tweaked the Kingdra slightly.

I know there are things which might give him away like the perfect IVs and perhaps to someone who's trained and sharp enough the PID but for the average layman, and more importantly PBR, will this be legal?

kindgra.jpg[

P.S.: Can someone clarify this misconception with me; should a pokesav-ed/gen-ed pokemon be hatched (assuming it can), the IV/PID/nature/ability spread becomes irrelevant and just about any combination can be inputted? (i.e. You can have perfect IVs with jolly nature, type 7 etc...)

Kingdra.pkm

Kingdra.pkm

Edited by Triggs

Thanks for the replies. I've tweaked the Kingdra slightly.

I know there are things which might give him away like the perfect IVs and perhaps to someone who's trained and sharp enough the PID but for the average layman, and more importantly PBR, will this be legal?

kindgra.jpg[

P.S.: Can someone clarify this misconception with me; should a pokesav-ed/gen-ed pokemon be hatched (assuming it can), the IV/PID/nature/ability spread becomes irrelevant and just about any combination can be inputted? (i.e. You can have perfect IVs with jolly nature, type 7 etc...)

any combination can be inputted, but not all combinations are available on all days. you would need to use rng reporter and find out which days your iv spread is available using theoretical parents. you would also need to look up a pid, but you don;t need to worry about the date as much since"met" and "hatched" are part of the pkm, not "date egg was spawned at daycare guy".

Several mistakes.

-It's hatched, "Met at Level" should be 0, not 1.

-Platinum, therefore 46h and 47h Hidden Hex Values need to be there.

-I suggest you put PP into those moves >.<

Appreciate the answers. Will rectifying all of these be enough to get past PBR? Or will i have to go through the RNG process for the eggs?