Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

thing is these guys are gonna b friends now then after the final patch they will forget about us... unless they keep talkin here and they do the next game too!!! lol

That would be pretty cool and what about if theres the precidented rse remake. though I guess thats all in the future so lets let em worry bout what they have right now. a pretty awesome game all trash bags asside..... that damn trash pokemon -.-

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but remember that this translation was crowdsourced but (look at the title slide) 30+ translators, and that the story isn't even close to being done. That, and we are QC'ing and fixing glitches as we go here, and Game Freak will need to release a complete, perfectly translated, and near spotless game. Game Freak's not Microsoft.

this is very true. (vista blows) But idk dont other companies try to get a release date thats fairly close to the ones in other regions? Maybe I just dont understand what they go through exactly. I do still apreciate what the team here is doing by trying very hard to get this game translated for us all.

this is very true. (vista blows) But idk dont other companies try to get a release date thats fairly close to the ones in other regions? Maybe I just dont understand what they go through exactly. I do still apreciate what the team here is doing by trying very hard to get this game translated for us all.

Ya we dont really how what gamefreaks has to go through but its stilla shock that a group of internet guys and girls can get together and tear up this translation so fast and so well...even game makers make mistakes...you see xenogears or any other heavy rpg that has mistakes and sentences that dont make sense?so i would say they never did do a perfect job on any of thier pokemon games....

Ya we dont really how what gamefreaks has to go through but its stilla shock that a group of internet guys and girls can get together and tear up this translation so fast and so well...even game makers make mistakes...you see xenogears or any other heavy rpg that has mistakes and sentences that dont make sense?so i would say they never did do a perfect job on any of thier pokemon games....

"All your base are belong to us!" Like this famous line :3 ahh a line of true brilliance.

Just pushed the first set of fixes to the main git, translators sync up and what not. Feel free to look over it in case I missed something (Someone may need to do 16 from scratch for it has defeated me [someone more fluent in Japanese hopefully])

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

"Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve"......like evolving pokemon.....its funny its like gamefreaks has all resources like everything is in order ,they got the money,japanese translaters but they make it chaotic taking too long to release,mistakes,advertising etc and you guys like kaarosu have it all in chaos like 30 translaters,doing different things,college,high school work, etc and you get together and put it all in order

1k+ lines of battle text (the things you see when a pokemon uses a move) Most of them are right but others aren't...and lots still untranslated

I see. Makes sense now. Idk if this was relevant or not but my fiance spotted that in her white version the school girls were called school boys in battle. Idk if it is in black or not though since I already beat it in japanese before I got the patch ^^;

I see. Makes sense now. Idk if this was relevant or not but my fiance spotted that in her white version the school girls were called school boys in battle. Idk if it is in black or not though since I already beat it in japanese before I got the patch ^^;

Haha that'll be in my second batch of fixes tomorrow probably, I saw the same thing and I don't like the formatting at the end of battle so I'll fix that as well.

Haha that'll be in my second batch of fixes tomorrow probably, I saw the same thing and I don't like the formatting at the end of battle so I'll fix that as well.

Yea I got a good chuckle at it when she showed me. :3 Keep up the good work. Wish I could help but I'm no good when it comes to scripting and I know just enough japanese to get me through the game but nothing really more.

Hey Kazo, a friend of mine who is fluent on Japanese told me there's a typo in the japanese files, this one in particular (0000/0019.txt):

11) Save file is corrupt \xfffeさいせいを ちゅうだん します!

She translated the symbols and said they mean saiseiwo chiyuudan shimasu, which, according to her, means "anyone in the game named yuu"

What do you make of this guys?

Hey Kazo, a friend of mine who is fluent on Japanese told me there's a typo in the japanese files, this one in particular (0000/0019.txt):

11) Save file is corrupt \xfffeさいせいを ちゅうだん します!

She translated the symbols and said they mean saiseiwo chiyuudan shimasu, which, according to her, means "anyone in the game named yuu"

What do you make of this guys?

Actually, it means saiseiwo stay shimasu , but I have no idea what it means :P

Sigh, well I was going to get everything I needed to start helping on this set up but it refuses to work on my system, every time I try running Git-Cola after installing everything i need it keeps saying Git.exe has stopped working.

Have you got DEP turned on or off?

And have you tried running Git.exe in a compatability mode?

guys the v1 was awesome if at this rate every one of you will beat game freaks to there English release

sad abt the fact that we don't even get to buy a ds or 3ds in India,where i stay..........

we have no official game release here :(

Edited by twilightdan
silly typos :)

Idk, I got git cola to open up just fine now, but it still won't let me do anything with the repository and all the searching on the interwebs are useless ><

Oh well...

Here's a minor update

From 0049.txt

1 \xf000Ā\x0001\x0000's Feeling Ranking

2 Rank

3 Name

4 Points (Marks, Score)

5 Count (Frequency, Number of Times)

6 \xf000ȁ\x0001\x0000

7 \xf000Ā\x0001\x0001

8 \xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0002

9 \xf000Ȃ\x0001\x0003