Hex Editing Ingame Trades BW2 !

wyndamn

Greetings to everyone !

I have been messing around lately with editing the ingame trades, so i can change curtis and yancy´s pokémon to give out all previous gens starters with their hidden abilities and then relocate all other pokémon in hidden grottos in the game, so i wanted to post this quickly for the record and to help anyone else that might want to know how to do this...and ask a about a few bytes i dont recognize in this file myself.

First of all i have been able to identify by myself how to edit the pokémon and the items following this two lists http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_V) & http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_V) they show the index numbers of the pokémon and items in game.

At the moment im editing this with Crystal Tile 2 (if someone has a better hex editor suggestion please mention it) The narc file i extracted with Nitro Explorer and Kiwi Ds is a/1/6/3 which is for all of the ingame pokémon trades. After extracting these, the first 12 from above are the trades from yancy, then next 12 are from curtis and after that the remaining ones are in the order of the story i believe the last 7 dont have their DW ability. In the image below i will be editing wobbuffet which is file 3_001.

wobbuffet hex..JPG

As the list above states wobbuffet index number is 0CA, as some of you may now when dealing with rom editing you first need to add some zeros to complete four characters (00CA) and then you have to flip them (CA 00). As you can see from the image above wobbuffet´s hex is showing up in brown colored characters, this is what you will always need edit to exchange it for another´s pokémon hex number in order to change the pokémon you will receive from the trade.

As for the item they carry you only need to exchange the two bytes in orange color for the appropiate item in the above item list and dont forget to do the same process of flipping and adding the zeros. On the image the one showing is a ragecandybar which is the correct item wobbuffet holds when you receive it.

Finally i was also able to notice the level, which are in another two bytes right after the pokémon´s hex bytes (they are showing in dark red color) if im not mistaken that will be the level of the pokémon you will receive in the trade, since all pokémon given by curtis and yancy are on level 50 (which in hex is 32, then you add the two zeros to the left (0032) and flip them resulting in what you see in the image (32 00) If you follow this carefully you will be able to hex edit those with no problem to which ever pokémon you need and with the desired item and level.

When it comes to the remaining characters on the rom what is the 02 in the column 00, line 60? is this for the DW ability flag? and what´s with all the FF 00 terminators? if im not mistaken this is a max but im not sure if for ev or iv, but still leaves me in doubt as they are eight in total instead of 6. does this refers to the evs? and of course the blue byte and the one below the item i dont know for what the fruit is that.

Thanks in advance for reading and responding :)

583dcf929a28f_wobbuffethex..JPG.9861b216

Edited by wyndamn

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pporg/ingametrade.htm

here's what I used to parse that data.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/pporg/ingametrade.xlsx

>FF

FF corresponds to random IV. Each piece of data is stored as 32 bits so it's pretty empty when it comes to meaningful information.

I like to use HxD because it has other things like Checksum calculation etc.

i almost forgot about alternate form, is after pokemon id O.o

twistedfatal tools is not mapped all data <.< so is can't edit all available data

as far i know :

SNAG_0033.jpg

green with "?" is just in file 0 is 0 1, on file 1 is 2 3, and is kept counting.... EV are zero, stat not change...

Edited by Andibad

I'm thinking that the group of 4 unused is for set move; currently the game just grabs the current level moves since none are special. I'd also think that one would set nationality similar to the HGSS Magicarp (Foppa). EVs might be in there too.

Ability=3 would be rand(0,1) for ability, and 4 would be rand of all 3 abilities similar to how we've seen with wondercards. There might be a shiny prevention flag or a shiny always flag, too. No time for me to test all of this though :P

It's pretty easy to edit with tinke by just swapping out each bin

lol i posted this so quickly i forgot to include i suspected those were also random values also... made a lot of mistakes will fix that too. Thanks for the parsed tables that cleared my remaining doubts, and even made me remember about the shellos forme which you would have to remove to do not get any possible problems i guess.

Thanks also kaphotics for the editor suggestion, i rather use one recommended than try several different ones. By the way what is the narc file for gift pokémon and items? and has anyone been able to locate the narc for swarms yet?

• 3 weeks later...