PDA

View Full Version : Wiki group

pokemonfan
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Now based on the title I'm sure you can realize that this page is going to be about the wiki social group I made. This group is dedicated to working on the wiki by making in depth articles that clearly, show mastery of the topic, are neat and organized, and pleasant to read. The group is also dedicated to brainstorming ideas for articles because sometimes its hard to come up with things to write. We all have our writers block moments.

Here is a link to the group page. (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/group.php?groupid=31)

If you either have the wiki contributor badge, have ever contributed to the wiki, or want to contribute to the wiki but need ideas then this is the group to join. I highly suggest that if you do have the wiki contributor badge that you join the group, just because you obtained the badge doesn't mean you should ever stop contributing.

*note: You do not have to be a member of our group to edit the wiki...just thought I'd say that.*

Some standards we want the members of our group to abide by.

-Be accurate
-Be neat
-Be as short as possible but in depth as possible. It is vital to not lose the attention of the reader.
-Work together

Current projects

Bag data (a combination of a lot of projects all thrown into one)
Anime Episodes
Evolution guide
Pokemon mystery dungeon item list
Breeding page
National Dex page
Wiki pokedex
Great Marsh_Post National dex (meaning after obtaining the national dex)

For specifics on the projects go to the topic that talks about them on the group page.

Current members

Pokemonfan
Flootenkerp
mewtwo Ex
pichu2001
coolness
4evil
Batman Begs
Albinodrow
Naru-Chu
Bear831
Telos
Skaterman1995
Neodraven
bobtheedibleone

Wiki pokedex project info

Members working on it...
~pokemonfan
~Naru-chu
~Telos
~Bear831

what needs to be included in each article
~appearance in the anime
~level up moves
~TMs/HMs
~Wild data
~tutor moves
~ egg moves (this can come later or so)
~origin
~name origin
~special facts (trivia)
~and anything else you can cram in there.
If you have any questions PM me
Check out this (http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Charmander_(pokemon)) page. It's the perfect example of what needs to be on it. If you dont have all the information or the time to edit it all in just at least create the section for others to work on. Props to bear831 for the correct way to do it. He set it all up but didn't add all the info but at least he set it up!

Bag data project

The bag data project, formerly the item dex project, is a merging of several projects that link from one page. This project deals with every item you can ever have in your bag. Its going to be one of our bigger projects like the wiki pokedex project. I found a wonderful list of items somewhere else on the wiki. I have no idea who made it otherwise they would be credited.

This list is very useful.
LIST

Master Ball
Ultra Ball
Great Ball
Poké Ball
Safari Ball
Net Ball
Dive Ball
Nest Ball
Repeat Ball
Timer Ball
Luxury Ball
premier Ball
Dusk Ball
Heal Ball
Quick Ball
Cherish Ball
Medicine
Potion
Antidote
Burn Heal
Ice Heal
Awakening
Parlyz Heal
Full Restore
Max Potion
Hyper Potion
Super Potion
Full Heal
Revive
Max Revive
Fresh Water
Soda Pop
Lemonade
Moomoo Milk
EnergyPowder
Energy Root
Heal Powder
Revival Herb
Ether
Max Ether
Elixir
Max Elixir
Lava Cookie
Berry Juice
Sacred Ash
HP Up
Protein
Iron
Carbos
Calcium
Rare Candy
PP Up
Zinc
PP Max
Old Gateau
Battle Items
Guard Spec.
Dire Hit
X attack
X Defend
X Speed
X Accuracy
X Special
X Sp. Def
Poké Doll
Fluffy Tail
Blue Flute
Yellow Flute
Red Flute
Black Flute
White Flute
General Items 1
Shoal Salt
Shoal Shell
Red Shard
Blue Shard
Yellow Shard
Green Shard
Super Repel
Max Repel
Escape Rope
Repel
Sun Stone
Moon Stone
Fire Stone
Thunderstone
Water Stone
Leaf Stone
TinyMushroom
Big Mushroom
Pearl
Big Pearl
Stardust
Star Piece
Nugget
Heart Scale
Honey
Growth Mulch
Damp Mulch
Stable Mulch
Gooey Mulch
Root Fossil
Claw Fossil
Helix Fossil
Dome Fossil
Old Amber
Armor Fossil
Skull Fossil
Rare Bone
Shiny Stone
Dusk Stone
Dawn Stone
Oval Stone
Odd Keystone
Griseous Orb (Platinum only)
Adamant Orb
Lustrous Orb
Mail
Grass Mail
Flame Mail
Bubble Mail
Bloom Mail
Tunnel Mail
Steel Mail
Heart Mail
Snow Mail
Space Mail
Air Mail
Mosaic Mail
Brick Mail
Berries
Cheri Berry
Chesto Berry
Pecha Berry
Rawst Berry
Aspear Berry
Leppa Berry
Oran Berry
Persim Berry
Lum Berry
Sitrus Berry
Figy Berry
Wiki Berry
Mago Berry
Aguav Berry
Iapapa Berry
Razz Berry
Bluk Berry
Nanab Berry
Wepear Berry
Pinap Berry
Pomeg Berry
Kelpsy Berry
Qualot Berry
Hondew Berry
Grepa Berry
Tamato Berry
Cornn Berry
Magost Berry
Rabuta Berry
Nomel Berry
Spelon Berry
Pamtre Berry
Watmel Berry
Durin Berry
Belue Berry
Occa Berry
Passho Berry
Wacan Berry
Rindo Berry
Yache Berry
Chople Berry
Kebia Berry
Shuca Berry
Coba Berry
Payapa Berry
Tanga Berry
Charti Berry
Kasib Berry
Haban Berry
Colbur Berry
Babiri Berry
Chilan Berry
Liechi Berry
Ganlon Berry
Salac Berry
Petaya Berry
Apicot Berry
Lansat Berry
Starf Berry
Enigma Berry
Micle Berry
Custap Berry
Jaboca Berry
Rowap Berry
Held Items
BrightPowder
White Herb
Macho Brace
Exp. Share
Quick Claw
Soothe Bell
Mental Herb
Choice Band
King's Rock
SilverPowder
Amulet Coin
Cleanse Tag
Soul Dew
DeepSeaTooth
DeepSeaScale
Smoke Ball
Everstone
Focus Band
Lucky Egg
Scope Lens
Metal Coat
Leftovers
Dragon Scale
Light Ball
Soft Sand
Hard Stone
Miracle Seed
BlackGlasses
Black Belt
Magnet
Mystic Water
Sharp Beak
Poison Barb
NeverMeltIce
Spell Tag
TwistedSpoon
Charcoal
Dragon Fang
Silk Scarf
Up-Grade
Shell Bell
Sea Incense
Lax Incense
Lucky Punch
Metal Powder
Thick Club
Stick
Red Scarf
Blue Scarf
Pink Scarf
green Scarf
Yellow Scarf
Wide Lens
Muscle Band
Wise Glasses
Expert Belt
Light Clay
Life Orb
Power Herb
Toxic Orb
Flame Orb
Quick Powder
Focus Sash
Zoom Lens
Metronome
Iron Ball
Lagging Tail
Destiny Knot
Black Sludge
Icy Rock
Smooth Rock
Heat Rock
Damp Rock
Grip Claw
Choice Scarf
Sticky Barb
Power Bracer
Power Belt
Power Lens
Power Band
Power Anklet
Power Weight
Shed Shell
Big Root
Choice Specs
Flame Plate
Splash Plate
Zap Plate
Meadow Plate
Icicle Plate
Fist Plate
Toxic Plate
Earth Plate
Sky Plate
Mind Plate
Insect Plate
Stone Plate
Spooky Plate
Draco Plate
Dread Plate
Iron Plate
Odd Incense
Rock Incense
full Incense
Wave Incense
Rose Incense
Luck Incense
Pure Incense
Protector
Electirizer
Magmarizer
Dubious Disc
Reaper Cloth
Razor Claw
Razor Fang
Key items

Explorer Kit
Loot Sack
Rule Book
Poké Radar
Point Card
Journal
Seal Case
Fashion Case
Seal Bag
Pal Pad
Works Key
Old Charm
Galactic Key
Red Chain
Town Map
Vs. Seeker
Coin Case
Old Rod
Good Rod
Super Rod
Sprayduck
Poffin Case
Bicycle
Suite Key
Oak's Letter
Lunar Wing
Member Card
Azure Flute
S.S. Ticket
Contest Pass
Magma Stone
Parcel
Coupon 1
Coupon 2
Coupon 3
Storage Key
SecretPotion
Vs. Recorder (Platinum only)
Glacidia Flower (Platinum only)
Secret Key (Platinum only)

I have created the main page that has all the links to bridge off of. Here (http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Item_dex) is a link to that page. If you have any questions please PM me.

JOBS

I noticed that maybe there are certain jobs that need to be made for our wiki group such as the following...
-critic
-writer
-leader
-editor
Critic
Critics are the people that will review and rate each one of our articles. They will rate out of ten.
2 points for neatness (is the article neat)
2 points for clarity (can you understand the article)
2 points for appeal (does the article have a nice appealing look to it?)
2 points for content (does the article have good information?)
2 points for proper grammar (does the article properly use grammar, punctuation, and spelling?)

Then at the bottom of the page you write your review and give your rating. Make sure to state why so if its anything less then a ten our group can fix it.

Writer

Everyone in the wiki group is set as a writer until further notice. The people with writer status write the articles..simple as that.

Editor

Each member is also partially set as an editor (but it would be nice if we could have some people that mainly focused on this) their job is to read the reviews of the critic or read the article and fix the mistakes add content and stuff like that. The writer and editor job usually goes hand in hand.

Leader

These people are the ones in charge of the various projects our group runs. These people are very important. I myself am the leader of the group but I'm only the co. leader of all the projects so that others can be the "head honchos" of a specific project and I'm not supremely in charge of everything.

Any questions about the specific jobs or you want to have one of the specific jobs (other then writer) then PM me.

Current leaders...
-pokemonfan (obviously) (co leader of all projects and mains the anime project)
-Albinodrow (berry and breeding pages)
-Telos (evolution guide and wiki pokedex)
-Naru-chu (wiki pokedex)

Current writers..
-everyone
Current editors
-no one yet that focuses completely on editing the fine details
Current critics
-bobtheedibleone

==========================Project Workers==============================
I'm very sorry if I forgot your name in some of the places where it needs to be.

===================== Bag data workers==================

-pokemonfan
-4evil
-bear831
-Albinodrow
-coolness
-bobtheedibleone
(looking for leader) for now pokemonfan is in charge
====================Berries Page workers=================

-Pokemonfan (leader)
-Albinodrow (leader)
(goes along with bag data project)
==================Anime episodes=======================
-Pokemonfan (leader)

==================Evolution Guide======================

-Telos (leader)

==================Pokemon Mystery dungeon item list========
(no one)

I would like it if we put this aside for now. It doesn’t directly have to do with the generation games. I would like to avoid it and come back to it later.

================ Pokeballs page ======================

-Pokemonfan
-Coolness
-bobtheedibleone (practically the leader of this extension)
(part of bag data project)

================== Breeding page ====================

-albinodrow (leader)
-Pokemonfan

Mainly done but we need to check it over

=================== National dex page ===========================

-naru chu (leader)

This page is to link to all the different pages in our wiki pokedex

=================== Wiki pokedex =============================

-naru chu (leader)
-Pokemonfan (leader)
-telos
-bear831

In depth guys! Better then your normal pokedex

======== Great Marsh_Post National dex =================================
(no leader and no work)

A side project really don’t focus on it much.

DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT SEREBII FEEL FREE TO USE IT. It would be nice if you double checked the information you took from their with some other source though. As SCV said they sometimes make up things just to have something to say.

If you decide to start working on one of the projects please PM me otherwise try to stick with one and not spread yourself out.

Also if I forgot your name somewhere in a spot where you have been working please PM me so I can fix that. Also if you have any project suggestions please PM me. Several people have and their projects have not been added yet due to the fact that we have lots to deal with at the moment. If we get two or three projects out of the way the new ones will be added in.
===========================================
I will be editing with more updates! Please join!

AlbinoDrow
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Well since I joined the group (got invited) I decided to actually make edits and make things better.

I'm working on making the berry page epic, and afterwards I already have a guide I wrote on breeding and such. I'm pretty much just taking my guide and what I already have on stuff and putting it in here xD
Oh well, back to berries

Endless Eden
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Well i am working on a platinum guide if anyone whould like to help me (as i have been quite busy and not gotten to it in a while ) then please dont hesitate to ask :D

Also i think an evolution guide whould be good you know when a pokemon evolves,weather certain tasks must be accomplished for evolution that kinda stuff.If one is needed i can do it/help to do it?

pokemonfan
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Did you want to join the group? Its been a while since I've checked the group page but your welcome to join. The evolution guide sounds like a good idea....

Edit:

Albinodrow, you did some mega good editing on the berries page :) As for the breeding...I'm pretty sure there are already pages for the topic of breeding. You could edit them cleaning up the article and adding new things.

Endless Eden
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I will join when i have a bit more done...and if you do decide to do the evolution guide i will help okay? :D

pokemonfan
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Ok I'm adding it down under a list of our current projects.

AlbinoDrow
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Did you want to join the group? Its been a while since I've checked the group page but your welcome to join. The evolution guide sounds like a good idea....

Edit:

Albinodrow, you did some mega good editing on the berries page :) As for the breeding...I'm pretty sure there are already pages for the topic of breeding. You could edit them cleaning up the article and adding new things.

Edited, re-wrote, and otherwise fixed the entire page to be 100% accurate and easy to understand.
Holy crapola there was a lot of bad info...

Endless Eden
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I have made a start on the evolution guide i have numbers 1 -101 done

more tomorrow :kikkoman:

pokemonfan
Jun 16th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Edited, re-wrote, and otherwise fixed the entire page to be 100% accurate and easy to understand.
Holy crapola there was a lot of bad info...

:( I wrote that article :( I realize that it was hard to understand and probably had a lot of flaws. Your newer article looks great. Short, sweet, neat, and to the point! Good job!

Endless Eden
Jun 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Numbers 1 - 151 are done :D

now who will tell me how to add a table of contents?

Ziz
Jun 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Numbers 1 - 151 are done :D

now who will tell me how to add a table of contents?

The Table of Contents is an automatic feature that happens when there are 4 or more headers, and it then appears before the first heading. There are codes to get rid of it, place it in a certain spot, etc. But not make one appear, this is why the Table of Contents cannot be seen anywhere on the Edit Page.

Endless Eden
Jun 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I see thanks naru-chu :wink:

EDIT; just a little update i joined the group and posted my progress there please gimme some feedback thank's :D

pokemonfan
Jun 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Awesome telos. This is great guys I never thought that I'd get such a positive response. We're doing great but I think we're spreading ourselves thin. I think we should choose a project and stick with it or at least not introduce new projects. I was having brainstorms and I figured it wouldn't do that much but we need to concentrate ourselves if we're ever going to get anything done.

This next part is very, very important...

Edit: In no way are we EVER to use serebii. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER...I saw who was credited in the indepth national pokedex page and practically died. (no offense naru chu you're doing great) but NO more serebii. If you need images take them from our site's pokedex NEVER EVER SEREBII'S.

"..."serebii-ization" of this community. No one wants that, but there are already signs of it around the site and forums."
~Satoshix

Let's not add to those signs people. DONT USE SEREBII.

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Awesome telos. This is great guys I never thought that I'd get such a positive response. We're doing great but I think we're spreading ourselves thin. I think we should choose a project and stick with it or at least not introduce new projects. I was having brainstorms and I figured it wouldn't do that much but we need to concentrate ourselves if we're ever going to get anything done.

This next part is very, very important...

Edit: In no way are we EVER to use serebii. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER...I saw who was credited in the indepth national pokedex page and practically died. (no offense naru chu you're doing great) but NO more serebii. If you need images take them from our site's pokedex NEVER EVER SEREBII'S.

"..."serebii-ization" of this community. No one wants that, but there are already signs of it around the site and forums."
~Satoshix

Let's not add to those signs people. DONT USE SEREBII.

... that's not what Satoshi meant. What's wrong with using other Pokemon sites as resources? If you ever need resources, use all the resources you can. But I wouldn't solely depend on Serebii.

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I know, but really why serebii? I probably mistranslated his words...maybe its my own serebii dislike. Why cant we use our own site to see the order of the national dex or take pictures, or use their movesets? Why do we have to venture elsewhere when a lots of it is right here? Although there are some parts that just cant be taken from this site but serebii in my eyes should be avoided. Dont I have a right to voice an opinion?

Wouldn't serebii ization also be taking exact data from their site? Why would we want to do that..dont you think that's a tad bit of serebii ization?

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I know, but really why serebii? I probably mistranslated his words...maybe its my own serebii dislike. Why cant we use our own site to see the order of the national dex or take pictures, or use their movesets? Why do we have to venture elsewhere when a lots of it is right here? Although there are some parts that just cant be taken from this site but serebii in my eyes should be avoided. Dont I have a right to voice an opinion?

Wouldn't serebii ization also be taking exact data from their site? Why would we want to do that..dont you think that's a tad bit of serebii ization?

I think he was referring to the community, NOT the website itself. It is useful, you have to admit. But really, I wouldn't use Serebii as your main source either though.

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Its not me! I mean I would use marilland, bulbapedia, our site (more then anything), and anything but serebii if I can avoid it. For some reason I cant stand that place.

Jiggy-Ninja
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:53 AM
The data is the same, no matter what the source. Whether we get it from Smogon, Marriland, Serebii, rip it from the ROM, or pull a rabbit out of a hat with the data written on an index card in its mouth, the data will always be the same, unless someone makes a mistake.

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
good point...but you have to credit your source. I have a problem with crediting serebii. Maybe its just me...

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM
The data is the same, no matter what the source. Whether we get it from Smogon, Marriland, Serebii, rip it from the ROM, or pull a rabbit out of a hat with the data written on an index card in its mouth, the data will always be the same, unless someone makes a mistake.

This. And PF, don't ever let bias get to you. Bias ruins everything.

HottSushiz
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:02 AM
May i join, I'm not really sure what i could, do although if you gave me a specific job, i will do them to the best of my ability....... and i don't really have anything better to do, well i have to do my homework, although i could just wake up early, and do it then. :tongue:

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:06 AM
This. And PF, don't ever let bias get to you. Bias ruins everything.

Yeah yeah, I see your point *stops arguing*, maybe that's why I lose most arguments :tongue:

May i join, I'm not really sure what i could, do although if you gave me a specific job, i will do them to the best of my ability....... and i don't really have anything better to do, well i have to do my homework, although i could just wake up early, and do it then. :tongue:

Yeah sure hottsushiz anything in particular?

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Yeah yeah, I see your point *stops arguing*, maybe that's why I lose most arguments :tongue:

It's not about winning arguments, PF. You are missing the point. All I'm saying is... if you want to be successful in this Wiki Project, make sure you're not biased. Articles should be in Neutral Point of View to be effective (unless you're writing for a Right-Wing/Left-Wing publisher, but that's besides the point).

I'm only offering help... don't shun it like that o_O

If you know you're mistaken, accept it, and learn from it. Your bias currently is refusing Serebii as a citation tool... well, don't do that. Serebii provides some good information too... so give credits where credits are due. :)

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I know its a good resource, doesn't mean I have to like it. Thanks wraith now I'm arguing again.

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I know its a good resource, doesn't mean I have to like it. Thanks wraith now I'm arguing again.

... what?
Of course you don't have to like it, but if you used it, you must cite it. General courtesy rules... and legal rules.

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah I know..that's why I dont use it in wiki articles

wraith89
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah I know..that's why I dont use it in wiki articles

But it shouldn't mean the others can't... remember that. Don't force your opinions on others. That's a BIG mistake. :(

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 01:51 AM
My mind was on "serebii ization" ok then I'll scratch that.

HottSushiz
Jun 18th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Well not sure that there's anything particular in mind that i would do, maybe a Faq about:
"Pokesav with Flash Carts"
Explaining how to use it with Pokesav, and if you encounter a problem, then it will even explain further on what methods to use to tackle the dilema.

Although I'm just bouncing random ideas popping into my head, i guess I'm just here if you need any help, or you can call it "Help When Needed"?

pokemonfan
Jun 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I think it would be best to avoid introducing new projects at the moment but I'll file the idea. I think we've spread ourselves to thin and we wont be able to be very productive. However, I will file any ideas you have and introduce them when we have less projects.

SCV
Jun 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM
We'd prefer if mistakes made by our members were due to mistakes made by us and not by Serebii.

For example, on this page http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/446.shtml#platinum and this page http://www.serebii.net/platinum/honeytrees.shtml (The following Pokémon are found on all Honey Trees dotted around Sinnoh. The location does not change the type of Pokémon or the rarity.)

Serebii makes people think anyone can get Munchlax in any tree with a 1% encounter rate. This is 100% falsification of information. That he wrote that tells me that he just invents stuff just to have something to say. There is no way someone can test and determine that its a 1% encounter rate at every tree. Firstly because its not and secondly because of the complexity of honey tree pokemon generation. So I don't trust Serebii at all, unless the info was given by me or Sabre (i.e., trainer data/names for platinum that he used for Pokearth).

Now, we never know what other information he's invented. So its best not to use Serebii at all.

So yes, the correct data is the same no matter where it comes from but people reading data have no idea if that is correct data or not.

FLOOTENKERP
Jun 19th, 2009, 10:53 AM
What? He said that? I was doing that for days on end without a single Munchlax. I'm getting my information on making wiki pages by reliable sources like Filbde, and Pokebeach etc.

pokemonfan
Jun 20th, 2009, 01:44 PM
We'd prefer if mistakes made by our members were due to mistakes made by us and not by Serebii.

For example, on this page http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/446.shtml#platinum and this page http://www.serebii.net/platinum/honeytrees.shtml (The following Pokémon are found on all Honey Trees dotted around Sinnoh. The location does not change the type of Pokémon or the rarity.)

Serebii makes people think anyone can get Munchlax in any tree with a 1% encounter rate. This is 100% falsification of information. That he wrote that tells me that he just invents stuff just to have something to say. There is no way someone can test and determine that its a 1% encounter rate at every tree. Firstly because its not and secondly because of the complexity of honey tree pokemon generation. So I don't trust Serebii at all, unless the info was given by me or Sabre (i.e., trainer data/names for platinum that he used for Pokearth).

Now, we never know what other information he's invented. So its best not to use Serebii at all.

So yes, the correct data is the same no matter where it comes from but people reading data have no idea if that is correct data or not.

Thank you! Its not always the best of resource...

I guess for the group its ok to use it but it would be great if you double checked somewhere else or better yet did your own in game research.

SCV
Jun 20th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Thank you! Its not always the best of resource...

I guess for the group its ok to use it but it would be great if you double checked somewhere else or better yet did your own in game research.
Double checking doesn't really work, because other people might just copy serebii. So you can find 10+ sites with the same wrong information. And yes, own research is always preferred.

pokemonfan
Jun 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Double checking doesn't really work, because other people might just copy serebii. So you can find 10+ sites with the same wrong information. And yes, own research is always preferred.

Never thought of it that way but there are always some honest people out there. Plus there is nothing wrong with doing your own research and blazing a new path in pokemon discoveries.

FLOOTENKERP
Jun 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I was thinking we could make a page on special edition Pokemon systems. Like the Pokemon Mini, or the Pokect GS Pikachu. Not many people know about it, so these pages could be very useful for people who stumble upon it. I'll start up a page later, if anyone wants to help PM me.

pokemonfan
Jun 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Ah! Floot! I was hoping we could hold off on new projects for now and I'll file it for reintroduction later on. (of course I cant stop you) We have so many other in big projects to deal with at the moment couldn't you find one of them to help with?

FLOOTENKERP
Jun 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
Well, I could hold it off for now. I guess I'll help with the pages in need of editing currently. I'll post around in the wiki group to find some pages.

pokemonfan
Jun 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Ivysaur needs work..also venusaur got skipped in our wiki pokedex. The projects are listed in the original post (OP) so check there. If you need some help or have questions PM me.

Neo
Jun 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
I just joined :D

pokemonfan
Jun 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I made lots of updates on in the OP so please check them out.

I created some more job specifics and I did some project merging to create on project. If it wasn't such a big project I'd introduce the projects in waiting.

Gin
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Could you add me to the Pokeball group? I added and edited a whole bunch of stuff.

pokemonfan
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:12 PM
Yes I will add you to the bag data thing as well since the pokeball page is one of the bag data project extensions. I will Bobtheedibleone, I saw your massive edit and quite frankly I didn't know half that stuff so its really great.

Gin
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
Kinda off topic, but you can call me Bob. It's much shorter.

pokemonfan
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
I can do that...bob...anyway has anyone checked out my update. There are some specific jobs now...I think I'm going to make something new in the wiki group page. Check it out please I haven't gotten any feedback about it and I'm worrying that no one saw it.

randomspot555
Jun 25th, 2009, 01:46 AM

I'm sure this is pages old/already resolved, but there is nothing wrong with using another site as a source. It's a Wiki. It's goal is information. And if someone else has that information, they should be credited if we put it in an article(s).

That being said, a LOT of stuff can be done independent of what Joe has already done. For example, we already have our own Dex to refer to. It's the same info as Joe's since his Dex source is also the games. And anime episodes/screen caps are simply doing it ourselves instead of relying on Joe.

But Serebii.net has been around a long time and has some great content/features, maybe even exclusive. When it comes to that, it should be credited.

Yeah, Serebii has gotten stuff wrong before (the event page seems to chronicly be out of date and/or wrong), along with some accusations of theft. It shouldn't be THE source to go to, nor should any other site. But if a site is the origin of something, they should be credited.

Anyway, I hope to work on some anime related articles in the near future. I've got episodes to watch, and then also compare Dub vs Raw. It should be interesting.

Neo
Jul 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I agree with you, i have seen some guides on wiki and have found them on other sites. People, if you get info off another site, give them credit.

evandixon
Jul 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I would like to be an editor, although you will have to tell me things to edit, because I am very busy.Edit: Never mind.

Neo
Jul 14th, 2009, 04:31 PM
You could edit pages that need to be updated like the Hg/Ss page

froggy25
Jul 8th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I'd like to be an editor to complete some articles, like this one :
http://www.projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Pt_Save_File_Structure

randomspot555
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hi,

I'd like to be an editor to complete some articles, like this one :
http://www.projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Pt_Save_File_Structure

Anyone can edit, but it appears now that accounts for the wiki are separate from the forums.

froggy25
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone can edit, but it appears now that accounts for the wiki are separate from the forums.
I created an account for the wiki, but I still get this message :

for Pokémon Pt Save File Structure

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: Bots, Administrators, Editors.

randomspot555
Jul 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I created an account for the wiki, but I still get this message :

Your best bet is to contact one of the admins.

Alpha
Jul 9th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Froggy25:
You have been added to the Editors group in the Wiki.