Sky Editor comes bundled with psy_commando's tools, and this project is a wrapper for StatsUtil, letting you edit scripts, Pokémon data, and more.
Before continuing, please make sure you've reached the "Making Mods" section of the Sky Editor guide to ROM editing.
On the New Project window, choose "Stats Util Project" in the drop-down, and fill in the name with something that makes sense. Then click OK.
- Wait for the loading to complete. This may take a while depending on your computer.
- All of the XML files that statsutil created are in (Solution Directory)/(Project Directory). Do not touch the "Raw Files" directory, since that's for Sky Editor's use only.
Due to the lack of documentation regarding the XML statusutil generates, the best way to learn how to modify it is to look at the existing scenes and compare it to what happens in-game. However, it's important to have a basic understanding of the script nodes:
- LSDTable - This is basically a list of script definitions.
- ScriptData - controls how the map is set up (like which actors are on the map and their locations)
- ScriptSequence - controls what happens afterward (this is where the bulk of the stuff happens).
Refer to psy_commando's thread for additional instructions regarding statsutil. You shouldn't have to worry about any of the command-line stuff, since Sky Editor handles that.
At the time of writing, he has an imgur album with instructions on how to deal with the XML. You can skip to the 7th image, where the XML files have already been created, and you can stop at the 3rd to last one, since building the modpack with Sky Editor accomplishes the same thing:https://imgur.com/a/bBnmQ
If you have any additional questions, you can either ask in psy_commando's thread or create your own thread in the ROM Editing Help forum.
Edited by evandixon