• FE3 & FE12 (Mystery of the Emblem)
    • FE4 (Genealogy of Holy-War)
    • FE5 (Thracia 776)
    • FE6 (The Binding Blade)
    • FE7 (Fire Emblem)
    • FE8 (The Sacred Stones)
    • FE9 (Path of Radiance)
    • FE10 (Radiant Dawn)

What are you talking about? Roy is the best! In fact, he can marry 1 out of 5 possible women... whoo hoo! :D

Or are you one of those people who only like people for stats and not personality? Meh I don't blame you, most people are like that, and I'm just one of the few who go by their personality... but apparently Leaf is the worst Lord. Bad Lord or not, I tend to like most of them. But Roy with SoS = win. I don't care that you get him late, he's still pure win :|

Btw STBE, there are more proof that Eliwood canonically married Ninian (I can't find out who Hector married ever) :/

Reasoning?

Well, there are quite a few. Let's see... the key to the answers involve Eliwood x Ninian (obviously), Ninian x Florina (o_o), and in FE6, Marcus x Lilina. Once you max out Eliwood and Ninian's support conversation, Eliwood flat out tells Ninian "I love you"... and in the end, Ninian chooses to stay with Eliwood and marries him. That shouldn't convince you at all :P but Ninian knowingly sacrifices her own life because she has very little time in the human world as opposed to the dragon world to live. So it's assumed that Ninian died shortly after giving birth to Roy.

Now what of Marcus X Lilina? Lilina asks Marcus about how to get Roy's attention or whatever... I think, but at one point Marcus tells Lilina something interesting. Eliwood's wife (who is unnamed) really loved flowers of some kind, and Eliwood went out of the castle for 3 days (or 3 months? weeks? I don't know... it was 3 something)... and Eliwood's wife was apparently worried. But he comes back after that time and brings her flowers from the top of some mountain in Ilia, which happened to be her favorite flower. Lilina wished Roy could be that romantic (heh heh...)

But so what? Okay, when Ninian talks to Florina, you will actually learn that Ninian's favorite type of flowers were... you guessed it, those same kinds at the top of the mountain in Ilia! Who would have guessed? And as you can see, Roy's mother is nowhere to be seen and Eliwood isn't really angry or anything (meaning she died in peace, not of bloodshed/war)... and Ninian supposedly dies after a while because the poor frail girl cannot live long in the human world.

So why won't they flat out tell you Ninian's name in FE6? For a couple of reasons... one, because FE6 came out before FE7, and two, because you get to choose Eliwood's spouse, be it Fiora, Lyn, or... was that all? The story in FE7 is BENT on Eliwood having romantic feelings for Ninian and vice versa... so canonically, I would say Ninian is Roy's mother, which would make him, indeed, part Dragon :]

Yes, I read through stuff too much, sue me :P

BTW has any of you played Fe4/5? The universe there is too dark, has an evil god who eats children sacrifices, and an evil church o_o

Fe1/3 I love... but the remake. Ugh. Runescapey graphics, not too engaging, and almost no character development. Come on! Why would Marth go to Gordin "Oh, you're one of our archers right?" when these two are FRIENDS? Lack of personality in each character is not exactly motivating/captivating. I hope the 2nd book puts more into the storyline... I'd remake FEDS to GBA version (hack FE7) but I'm hacking too many of these things xD

I'm one of the people that like their character's personality. Not their stats (which is why I usually ignore tiers and whatnot). wraith89, nice list of why Eliwood/Ninian is canon. lol IIRC, in the manga adaption, Eliwood/Ninian is outright stated as canon. And I usually pair Hector with Lyndis so that way when I pair Roy with Lilina, the 3 Lords from FE7 are all "reunited" again (in a sense). :) BTW...

...Sword of Seals Dragon Roy, FTW.

...Amirite? lol ~STBE

EDIT: At the moment, I haven't played FE4 and FE5. I will soon when I get some more free time. They sound... Darker than the other titles. lol And I completely agree on the FE1 VS FE11 thing. I remember "Famicom Marth" had sooo much more personality than "Pretty-boy Marth". "Famicom Marth" was somewhat childish and curious while "Pretty-boy Marth" is serious and rather dull compared to the former. Let's hope FE12 stays true to FE3's personalities and whatnot when it comes stateside. ;) ~STBE

Edited by SmellTheBurningEmber

Hector and Lyn definitely pair up together very well. They're quite opposites... like Hector being rash and Lyn being... more logical? I'd date that role to Eliwood but whatever. Hector's wife... I wish I knew because there is no sign of who he married... and Lyn just came out of nowhere when they added her in FE7.

FE4/5 are the hardest Fire Emblems in my opinion... and they're quite long (FE4 has 12 chapters but they're all really long). I've only played a part of it, haven't touched the whole thing.

I feel like hacking FE7 to make it FE1... characters with personality and support convos :|

Actually FE Shadow Dragon's Hard Mode 5 is pretty hard, really hard that I had to abuse Jeigan quite a lot (in the similar manner I abused Marcus in Fe6's hard mode). I haven't played Radiant Dawn to know though (Ike is broken though so who cares?), and how is the Tellius universe though? I haven't cared enough to play it though, but I may get my brother Path of Radiance for his Gamecube. And FE4... X_X... actually 5 is a lot harder. All the other FEs are a joke compared to 5.

I didn't make this picture... but just to show you how it's like...

http://ofsteelandsteam.sandwich.net/fe5/FE5_whatisthis.png

This guy was apparently frustrated :x

Oh in Shadow Dragon, don't play Zagaro and Wolf unless you want to watch the game play itself @_@

Well, FE9 and FE10 are alright. The stories aren't as good as FE6 and FE7, IMO, but FE10 was a bitch difficulty-wise. And if you don't play FE9 first, you won't understand parts of FE10's story... All that aside, they are still good games (as expected from Fire Emblem), but don't be expecting something better than FE6 and FE7. It's your call to get Path of Radiance for your brother. I say go ahead if you can't find another copy of FE7. lol ~STBE

• 4 weeks later...

I thought FE9 had the best plot, if only because of Ashnard. I just remember TVTropes putting it quite nicely; "It starts out light and turns into a chapter of Berserk" because Ashnard experiment on people and killed whoever he wanted so he could do whatever he wanted. I loved FE10's gameplay the best, though.

Anyone here played FE5? I think i wrote a solid essay on how awesome yet terrible that game could get. And I loved it.

I apologize for this in advance, but I really dislike Ike. He's an OP monster :\

I'm not much for Cainahiegs or Tibarn either, though I do like Giffca. The whole Formshift just feels a bit too cheap to me :\

Anyway, a new remake is coming out. Apparently, you'll be able to make your own character and stuff. That seems rather cool to me, too.

I stopped caring about their abilities being too cheap in the final chapter, the hell I was put through in Part I, the dawn chapters in Part III and Ike's second chapter in Part IV more than made up for it. And FE5. The hell FE5 put me through needed to be compensated in the other games (at least FEDS had easy modes).

I hope FE3-2/FE12/whatever you want to call it isn't as lame as FEDS was... then again FE3 was actually a much better game than FE1.

I stopped believing in tier lists (and Serenes Forest's forums) so long ago... I hail from FESS which is now dead.

See, though... FE11 H5 can be easy if you get blessed with stats or know how to lure enemies out. Well, not "easy" but "manageable." I've never played FE9 Maniac, I need to try that out at some point... but FE5 was the one game where even your fully maxed character really started to fail you about halfway into the game because during the second half, it was all about healers and being able to cure statuses. Statuses lasted forever, some characters even got left behind if you didn't escape (it was the prototype to chapters with victory requirements like FE10's first chapter) making Sleep and Berserk especially bad for you, and you got shit all for Gold in the game so your main source of weapons were capturing enemies. And in order to capture your enemies? They had to be dismounted (sleep staves galore) and you halved your stats when you attempted to capture them. Tomes would always weigh their users down, and it didn't really help that everything capped at 20 (HP at 80, but no one reached that).

Then there was fatigue to worry about. Every action that deals with battle adds 1 or 2 to fatigue (I forget how much you get, or everything that adds to fatigue), and if you get enough fatigue in one chapter (basically, the fatigue you gain exceeds your max HP), then you can't participate in the next chapter. And what makes this worse? Half the healers in the game have HP growths below like 30% and bases below 20. Oh and they get captured REALLY easily because they can't fight back... in fact, most enemies capture your healers right off the bat because they're unarmed. It was not a game about stats, in the end, like the hard modes in other games; you couldn't really get away with camping that much. But like, 17 Speed thieves at the beginning of H5 was AWFUL, so I'll give them that.