Breaking the ice with a courteous hello...

Feralligates

...because lurking tends to be boring after a week or two.

Hi there everyone! Finally decided to break the ice after some time of lurking around trying to get acquainted with the place. Like many of you I've been a fan of Pokémon since day one and have been playing the games since then; I may be growing older as the days go by, but this game just doesn't age at all for me. Ironically, though, I sort of took a "break" at the end of 2007 and didn't touch any Pokémon games since then, which literally rusted my gears; they say you never forget how to ride a bicycle, but man can you fall from it a few times before getting used to it again. Thankfully I recently picked up the games, so hopefully I'll renew myself.

So yeah, guess that's all I have to say at the moment; I'm not much for introductory posts... But you'll get to know me more as I post and stay around, which I hope to do because online forums are another thing I took a "break" from, too some odd years ago.

Glad to meet you all; see you around.

Thanks, glad to meet you. =)

And yeah, I consider myself a competitive player, but like I said, almost 3yrs out of Pokémon has really rusted me up. It's kind of hard to explain, really, but I think a friend of mine explained it better than me recently by saying that I simply have "competitive flu". That probably doesn't even make sense, but I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually.

Shoddy Battle has been something I've pondered on, as I used to use NetBattle, but I feel a bit lethargic about it. I do reckon it could remedy my "competitive flu".

Anyways, nice to meet you, Tbird; you'll definitely see me around. =)

Haha,

No that makes perfect sense, I get competitive flu all the time ... well it gives me a good excuse for sucking, anyhow ;).

I had a look at net battle a while a go, didn't get very far with it - and as shoddy was the first sim I played I naturally think it's better. But in general terms of getting back into it, a change of scenery never hurts.

LOL, yeah, it does make a good excuse. =P

I tried NetBattle ages ago, used to be on it almost daily, almost always running different teams. Then after a while I had to fix my computer where system recovery had to be done losing all programs in the process. After that, I haven't bothered installing much programs, but taking into account I've recently installed some I found here, installing SB wouldn't seem like a bad idea. =) The scenery change might be beneficial indeed.

What can I say, I'm certainly no stranger to PKMN; I've been playing since the beginning, and don't intend to stop. Before NetBattle I used to hold tourneys during the Stadium days, and boy where those the days. =)

NetBattle was fun while it lasted, for me I mean, I know it's still around; and I intend to download and use SB, but I'm still lazy about it. I prefer Wi-Fi, too, less hassle. I'm also a fan of 2vs2.