.mini2sf file format

So apparently the music in Platinum are in .mini2sf format.

I got a mini2sf file of the Giratina battle theme and of the Regis battle theme, but I need to convert them to mp3.

How would I do so?

There are plugins for winamp to play video game music ripped directly form the game. there is one for almost every console I can think of. The plugins emulate the systems' sound hardware and use the data to play the music.

some formats I know of the top of my head are

NDS: mini2sf

GBA: minigsf

Genesis: vgm

I've heard about using Winamp to convert them to .wav then converting them to .mp3

However I can't seem to find the option to convert anything in Winamp.

This is what I use to convert .mini2sf into .mp3 and all you have to do is download the convert at the following link below.

Link: http://convertersoft.com

That's a video converter.

*.mini2sf and *.mp3 are audio.

I attached the *.mini2sf files I'm trying to convert.

Would be nice if you could convert them.

Actually, don't bother converting the Regirock/Regice/Registeel battle theme.

I got a *.mp3 of it, but it didn't fade out at the end.

But now I edited it using a program and it now fades out as if it came from an official soundtrack.

I found many *.mp3 of the Battle! Giratina track, but none of them sounded like it was in the actual game.

I remember there being a "tick! tick! tick! tiii~" sound in there while battling Giratina in Platinum, but none of the *.mp3 I found had it.

That's what I did.

Except none of them sounded like it sounds in the actual game.

The "Tick...! Tick...! Tick...! Tiii" sound isn't there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting sooner. Winamp doesn't really convert files, there is a special output plugin that writes the sound it generates while playing the music to a wav file. Go to options -> preferences -> output, select Disk Writer. I also took a look at your files you uploaded. there are some missing files. the mini2fs needs the sound bank files with all the instruments and stuff. it should have come with the set as a .smap and .2sflib

I'm not sure about youtube videos, but the music from winamp sounds exactly like the music from the game. I even did a test and played the song on both winamp and my ds, no differences I could hear at all.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You probably used the ndstools to rip the music. That program converts the music from its original format to the mini2sf format. The original music is actually in an SSEQ format as stored in the game. You can use VGMTrans to rip the music from the game and convert it on-site to a midi format. You may want to convert the BANK file to a DLS and open them both in an advanced midi editor like Synthfont.

1) Download VGMTrans and Synthfont. Both are free to download and install.

2) Open VGMTrans and drag the .nds file into the window. The program may freeze for about a minute; this is normal.

3) In the lower pane (the one with the horizontal scrollbar), scroll until you see something like SEQ_PL_BA_GIRA. Click on that.

4) In the bottom-left pane, right-click the top-most item (SEQ_PL_BA_GIRA) and select "Convert to MIDI". Name the file and don't forget the .midi extension.

5) In the same pane, right-click the second item from the top (BANK_BGM_BATTLE) and select "Convert to DLS". Name the file and don't forget the .dls extension.

6) Open the MIDI file in Synthfont and navigate to the '4 Plug & Play' tab.

7) There should be a column there where all the entries are SYNTHGMS.SF2. Click the button on top of that column ("SF File") and select 'Open...'

8) Choose the DLS file you just saved. If it prompts you, select "Apply to entire track" and click "OK". If you get additional prompts with a long list, just click "OK" on each one.

9) Click on the next track and click on "SF File". The DLS file should be in that drop-down list with a number of references.

10) Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you've got every track on the DLS file you recently saved.

11) Locate the start of the loop pattern in the '2 Piano Roll' tab (should be measure 9, beat 1). Also locate the end of the sequence (should be measure 89, beat 1).

12) Under "Playback Range" in the '4 Plug & Play' tab, select the radio button for "Bar/Beat". Move the start to the start of the loop and the stop to the end of the loop.

13) Check off the box for "Loop", change the count from infinity to 3 by pressing the ^ button, and deselect the box for "After loop - continue to end".

14) In the top bar, click "Play to File" (or hit Alt+F). Click "Yes".

15) Change the target file type and file name if you so desire, then click Save.

16) Wait a few minutes for the file to finish rendering.

17) ???

18) Profit!