Hi from the UK

Bassman

I think I have every standard Pokemon game (DS, GBA and GB for either Europe or US). Though I have only played the game since it first appeared on the GBA.

I have a Gameboy Color, GBA, GBA SP, DS, DS Lite and DSi.

I have a tendency to get distracted and sometimes not complete them! I am currently at 12 badges on HG and 3 on SS.

I do have some of the spinoff Pokemon games (DS, GBA, GC, N64).

Not sure whether I will ever use Pokesave, but I do have an AR for my DS and discovered that I must have used an AR with my Emerald game (I was doing an import into HG so decided to catch some Pokemon for the purpose).

I have played with AR codes, rewriting existing ones to change specific items on my Bag or quantities of an item. I found I had not got far enough in Pearl to get a Lucky Egg on a Chansey from the Pokemon Mansion so changed an Oval Stone entry in my bag to become 2 Lucky Eggs!

I usually use my PS3 for browsing which does have limitations (and a current habit of losing Cookies!).

Hello and welcome to the community, Bassman.

It's good to see a collector around here. Do you still actually play the old games? or is it more of just bragging rights?

Not everyone here uses Pokesav. RAM hacking seems to be something you may look into (modification of memory by means of the Action Replay). If not, there are plenty of other areas of the site to poke around at.

I did actually fire up my (US) Pokemon Pikachu Edition this morning as I found my (Pokemon) Game Boy Color.

For the old games it is not so much Bragging Rights as a case of being distracted by other games. I have played all the old games to a greater or lesser extent.

My Action Replay stuff tends to be specifics rather than the general stuff that the codes normally contain (all based on the normal codes). Offsets for specific slots in the Bag are easy to locate (I figure they are safer than filling the bag).

I loved the old original Playstation where you could plug in your Action Replay and actually look directly into memory. I spent many a happy hour investigating Gran Turismo 2, building so called hybrids... engine from one car, drive sytem from another. The advent of the PS2 and code entry mods put a stop to that unfortunately.

At the moment I am trying to resist the temptation to boost the number of Master Balls that I have in Heartgold.

Unfortunately the PS3 Browser has limited input. So short posts

Welcome to the site :D

I've been playing pokemon right from the beginning too. Got a bust version of silver lying around somewhere, a bust yellow and Red in my draw that I think still works lol. I gotta say, I've been on this site a year ... used AR for most of Console playing lifetime and I STILL haven't got a clue how RAM works, so well done and best of luck :P.

P.s it's nice to see a British person around here ... thought I was the only one xD