How can I improve my team ?

-new to the forums-

So, I hope I'm doing this right ;p Uh, I set up this team hoping that I could do some competitive Wi-Fi battling with it. I'm not sure what kind of strategies I want to counter with it, (mainly cause I dont know that many strategies, except for the most obvious ones like the Magikarp+BatonPassing+Flail). Note ; I didn't really care for the natures of my Pokemon (and I know that can be a huge negative impact to my Pokemon).

Dragonite @ Lum Berry / Sometimes I'll give it a Yache Berry

Nature : Timid

Ability : Inner Focus

EVs : 252 in Atk / 252 in Spd

Role : Obviously, this guy's the Physical sweeper ;p can't imagine him doing anything else.

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Fire Punch

- Earthquake

Comment : How can I improve his moveset? Should I add Roost? Any other advice would be appreciated (;

Gallade @ dunno o-o

Nature : Hasty

Ability : Steadfast

Role : Another Physical sweeper ><

- Psycho Cut

- Night Slash

- Drain Punch

- Leaf Blade

Comment : I'm not quite sure what item I should make it hold. Moves are really varied, which is good, although I think it can be improved. Also, I put Drain Punch because I noticed during battles, it would lose health quickly, and sometimes die. Again, any advice would be appreciated.

Umbreon @ Focus Sash / Leftovers

Nature : Hardy

Ability : Synchronize

EVs : 252 in Sp.Def / 252 in HP

Role : Special Wall, also, baton passer.

- Baton Pass

- Mean Look

- Confuse Ray

- Wish

Comment : I use this guy to MeanLook+BatonPass to another Pokemon so that I can switch into a super effective pokemon and not have to worry about my opponent switching out. However, I'm not sure which item it should hold.

Milktank @ Leftovers

Ability : Scrappy

EVs : 252 in HP / 252 in Def

Role : My physical wall (;

- Heal Wall

- Milk Drink

- Substitute

- Toxic

Comment : I also use this to slowly kill my opponents without getting hurt ;p

Lanturn @ Leftovers

Nature : Mild

Ability : Illuminate

EVs : 252 in HP / 252 in Sp.Def

Role : Special Wall

- Signal Beam

- Surf

- Thunder Wave

- Confuse Ray

Comment : Should I change his moves?

Magnezone @ Leftovers

Nature : Quiet

Ability : Magnet Pull

EVs : 252 in Sp.Atk / 252 in Spd

Role : My only Special sweeper D;

- Lock On

- Thunderbolt

- Flash Cannon

- Zap Cannon

Comment : Should I take out Zap Cannon? Since it takes two turns to setup? And what should it hold?

Thanks for rating my team ! (;

If you aren't willing to breed for natures, then you fail at the most basic mechanic of battling other humans.

It's really, really simple. Get a Ditto or female, slap on an Everstone, and each egg has a 50% chance of having that nature being passed down.

IVs aren't the end all and be all, and EVs can easily be adjusted. Natures are one of the most easily controlled game mechanics while providing a great boost in how useful a Pokemon is.

Look at Dragonite. It is a "physical attacker", as you say, but it has a nature that BOOSTS speed and HINDERS physical attack.

I agree with Randomspot said, it may be very helpful if you wanna battle competitively if you have good natures ... as he said they are not that had to come by :D.

Comments etc in red

-new to the forums-

So, I hope I'm doing this right ;p Uh, I set up this team hoping that I could do some competitive Wi-Fi battling with it. I'm not sure what kind of strategies I want to counter with it, (mainly cause I dont know that many strategies, except for the most obvious ones like the Magikarp+BatonPassing+Flail). Note ; I didn't really care for the natures of my Pokemon (and I know that can be a huge negative impact to my Pokemon).

Dragonite @ Lum Berry / Sometimes I'll give it a Yache Berry

Nature : Timid

Ability : Inner Focus

Role : Obviously, this guy's the Physical sweeper ;p can't imagine him doing anything else.

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Fire Punch

- Earthquake/Roost

Comment : How can I improve his moveset? Should I add Roost? Any other advice would be appreciated (;

You could replace earthquake with roost if you wanted to. However this would lose you coverage over tyranitar and other rock types. You'll also lose coverage over poison types, however most are part grass and thus covered by fire punch, and the others are flying or levitaters so not much of a loss. Similarly Tyrnaitar is easily handed by Galade (providing it hasn't set up/wearing a scarf)

Gallade @ Life Orb/Salac Berry

Nature : Hasty

Ability : Steadfast

Role : Another Physical sweeper ><

- Psycho Cut/Substitute

- Night Slash

- Close Combat

- Leaf Blade/Bulk Up

Comment : I'm not quite sure what item I should make it hold. Moves are really varied, which is good, although I think it can be improved. Also, I put Drain Punch because I noticed during battles, it would lose health quickly, and sometimes die. Again, any advice would be appreciated.

Gallade has hardly any physical bulk and will probably get KOd by any neutral attack as it is ... so drain punch is a wasted move IMO. Though if you want to make use of it, shift some EV's into SpDef and HP and then make it a specialtank/physical attacker thing. Though for this set I recommend throwing on Close combat to deal with tyranitar.

Similarly you could run a sub bulk up salac set. This would require some EV jiggling, but it could be realllly effective.

Umbreon @ Focus Sash / Leftovers

Ability : Synchronize

EVs : 252 in Sp.Def / 252 in HP

Role : Special Wall, also, baton passer.

- Baton Pass

- Mean Look

- Confuse Ray

- Wish

Comment : I use this guy to MeanLook+BatonPass to another Pokemon so that I can switch into a super effective pokemon and not have to worry about my opponent switching out. However, I'm not sure which item it should hold.

This would really work if you wanted to run the Subbulk up Gallade set. Trap someone that gallade isn't worried about and set up on it. Same goes for Dragonite too.

Milktank @ Leftovers

Ability : Scrappy

EVs : 252 in HP / 252 in Def

Role : My physical wall (;

- Heal Wall

- Milk Drink

- Body Slam

- Curse

Comment : I also use this to slowly kill my opponents without getting hurt ;p

This is a set that I used to run and I think it can be quite effective for your team too. You curse up as much as you can and laugh in the face of your oponant as they try and hurt you. You drink off the damage and hail down with body slams (which, thanks to scrappy, hits ghosts too.)

Lanturn @ Leftovers

- Signal Beam/Substitute

- Surf

- Thunder Wave/Discharge

- Confuse Ray

One of my favourite pokemon of all time I run the set a little differently to you though. I run the set in red. This saves me from so many tight spots it's unreal. Give it a try. It's a bit tricky relying on discharge for the paralyisis, but that doesn't really matter when they will be smacking themself around in confusion .. as your hid behind a sub.

Magnezone @ Leftovers

Nature : Quiet

Ability : Magnet Pull

EVs : 252 in Sp.Atk / 252 in Spd

Role : My only Special sweeper D;

- Lock On/Signal Beam

- Thunderbolt

- Flash Cannon

- Zap Cannon/ Explosion/Thunderwave

Comment : Should I take out Zap Cannon? Since it takes two turns to setup? And what should it hold?

Run those moves if you dont like the shakey accuracy/two turn set up of Zap Cannon

Thanks for rating my team ! (;

this team is very hard to rate because you saying you know about natures but for some reason havent done them makes me not want to rate this.

this team gets a 1/10

not just for the nature but the sets are bad as well not to mention all of your pokemon are missing EV's somewhere you have 510 evs to use you are missing 6 each set. not to mention your entire team is one dimensonial meaning you've done nothing in terms of spreading evs arround your pokes to make them cover up their weaknesses. like umbreon already has good SPdef so put a few evs there but beef up it's defence and it needs a careful nature if it's passing.

another reason I'm giving this team a bad rate is you know nothing about this metagame saying dragonite can only be a physical attacker look at it's base stats it has a great spatk base stat and move pool to get the job done. he is actually one of the most popular mixed attackers in OU even more popular than salamence thanks to Extremespeed providing priority and his natural bulk

lanturn needs it's nature and sset revamped

magnezone out speeds nothing thanks to a -speed nature and yeah zap cannon is a waste

miltank is walled by steels and easily set up by siczor

change all natures bro

dragonite jolly@ yache dragon claw/EQ/fire punch/ dragon dance

gallade adamant@ scarf close combat/night slash/ice punch leaf blade

umbreon@careful leftovers curse/confuse ray/payback/baton pass

miltank@careful milk drink/body slam/curse/hammer arm

lanturn@bold heal bell/discharge/surf/icebeam

magnezone@naive sub/t-bolt/explosion/hp fire

but you need to remove one of you pokes with a fighting weakness for a ghost or something

I'll fix the rest later

and also don't replace EQ with roost as a very important to dragonite so don't ever replace EQ with roost

Lanturn @ Leftovers

- Signal Beam/Substitute

- Surf

- Thunder Wave/Discharge

- Confuse Ray

One of my favourite pokemon of all time I run the set a little differently to you though. I run the set in red. This saves me from so many tight spots it's unreal. Give it a try. It's a bit tricky relying on discharge for the paralyisis, but that doesn't really matter when they will be smacking themself around in confusion .. as your hid behind a sub.

ummm t-bird you are asking this new kid to reley completly on hax? no not good bro he is new he doesn't need to take risk like this. you can't just reccomend stuff to new players he needs sure fire stuff you arent considering his skill level bro at all. only way he can take risk is if he has a solid team built that way if this gimmick fails he has a strong to to fall back on and he doesn't even had that.

Dragonite should use something like

Adamant @ Lum Berry

Dragon Dance

Dragon Claw/Outrage

Roost/Outrage/Fire Punch

Earthquake/Fire Punch

Dragon Dance to boost its attack and speed. Dragon Claw is a great STAB move and allows it great coverage with Earthquake. Outrage can be used either instead of Dragon Claw or with it as it grants you with most 1-2HKO and thus increases Dragonites role as a sweeper. I recommend Roost with Dragon Claw and make it a bit of a more defensive set.

Gallade can use a Choice Scarf set. Close Combat, Pyscho Cut, Night Slash, Ice Punch/Stone Edge... Something like that. It's great at hitting hard and revenge killing a lot of things.

I don't recommend Umbreon in OU due to Scizor, Heatran, Skarmory etc. Istead use something that can use Stealth Rock and isn't walled by Skarmory like Heatran.

Use Body Slam over Substitute on Miltank...

For Lanturn I recommend Toxic, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, but it's up to you if you use this or not.

Magnezone w/ Substitute, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power-Ice/Grass and Explosion.

Also you could play with Miltank and Lanturn for better resistance to Ground/Fighting attacks. Maybe something that can beat Tyranitar, like Gliscor. Actually Gliscor also helps you beat stall and counter some threats like Lucario :D this is about the 4th time I've recommended it on a RMT.