WANTED: A TEAM OF HACKERS...

Right, I think I have figured out why so many hacks fail. I think it is cos just one person works on it and eventually they get fed up or stuck. Sooo, I have figured out a solution, that also benifits people who are quite good in one area of hacking but not very good in another, for example I am ok at mapping but not very good at scripting. I would like to form a team of hackers who are all good at various aspects of hacking. The primary objective being making a ROM that I have written about in ROM edit ideas. And who knows if it works well then we might work on other hacks, maybe bringing other peoples ideas to life. Well anyway if you would like to join my hacking team then please comment on this thread or PM me, your choice. Thanks for reading :)

There's a lot of community involvement of this nature that goes on over at The Pokemon Community forums. Just putting that out there, in case you don't get many interested parties on this forum.

I'm learning, slowly, how these kinds of things work, but I think I'm still too green to be able to take on a project for somebody else. Besides, I'm already working on a hack project of my own.

Thanks for the info, I was just looking at Pokemon Community actually (I am a member over there too) Hopefully someone will be interested, I have a friend that I am sort of teaching to hack, he is teaching me stuff as well but I am pretty sure he will help.

Edited by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

Well, I'm pretty good at map-hacking a GBA Pokémon game (3rd gen obviously, no spin-offs) if the required graphics are already there. You can give me a patch to whatever GBA Rom (R/S/FR/LG/E) and give me a list of what needs to be edited, I can play with the connections and move objects/movement permissions and warps and stuff. I know how to get the overlapping thing done (like change the top of a tree from overlapping grass to overlapping a building/rock wall/etc.) and if I know what has to be done, I can do it.

I'm also pretty sweet at text hacking a GBA game with Advance Text, and I can always add a new text offset for another person if needed.

However I do not have a (working) script program in English that I can use. I also stink at graphics hacking, although I do have unLZ-GBA.

Thanks, PM me if you need my assistance.

EDIT:

I found XSE about a week ago and learned a zillion things from diegoisawesome's tutorial for it. (it's on PokeCommunity)

I can script loads of stuff, just PM me asking if I can do (insert request here) and I'll reply saying either Can't, Working, Will Do It Later, or Already Done.

Edited by WinCamXP