A Balanced Team

I want a Balanced team to use on Soul Silver that would be good against pretty much all types but it must have any Eevee evolution and my Typhlosion. Thanks for the help it is appreciated. Becayse for the life ive me I cant make one, the last time I played pokemon was in the gold and silver days (since 1 and 2 where my favourites).

Use Typhlosion, Swampert, Torterra, Quacksire, Lucario, Sheldninja.

Typhlosion is week against Water/Ground/Rock Type moves. So use Swampert/Quacksire.

Swampert is weak against Grass Type moves. So use Torterra.

Torterra is weak against Poison/Ice/Fire Type moves. So use Swampert/Quacksire.

Quacksire is weak against Grass Type moves. So use Lucario/Sheldninja.

Lucario is weak against Fire/Psychic/Flying/Ground Type moves. So use Sheldninja.

Sheldninja is weak against Rock/Ghost Type moves. So use Torterra.

Glad you like it, but their are several well-balanced pokemon team. All you have to do is think about all the different types of pokemon and what they are strong and weak against.

If you are playing D/P/PL, their is an App for the Poketech which tells you the weakness and strongness of pokemon types.

In HG/SS just use your brain and memories of that of D/P/PL.

For HG/SS pokemon, here are some suggestions:

-Typhlosion: Substitute's good, go for a special-oriented set

-Togekiss: May take a while, but if it's got Serene Grace, go for an Air Slash/Aura Sphere/Thunder Wave/Roost/Wish set. It destroys.

-Slowbro: A tank, but good: Surf/Ice Beam/Slackoff/whatever else is the general set

alternatively Slowking: Nasty Plot and the above set

-Heracross: Pure win: Close Combat (or brick break)/Stone Edge (if you can get your hands on it :P)/Aerial Ace/Megahorn. You can put Bulk Up in there for a setup move; it'll make it even better

-Murkrow/Honchkrow: Physical attacker with Super Luck and high critical hit moves will be awesome, I guarantee.

-Scizor (with Technician ability): Bullet Punch/X-Scissor/Brick Break or Wing Attack (either one is good)/Swords Dance is the set that's generally used. Pick and choose, I suppose. Brick Break is only found at the Battle Frontier, so Wing Attack is useful in its stead, what with all the fighting/bug pokemon you'll be encountering over the course of the game

-Scyther (with Technician, if you're not a fan of Scizor): X-Scissor/Wing Attack/Swords Dance/(Quick Attack/False Swipe/Pursuit/Brick Break, whatever strikes your fancy)

-Gengar: Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Hypnosis/(Focus Blast/Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb. Whichever you need)

-Misdreavus: Almost as good as Gengar, so run Shadow Ball and other such special attacks. You can even breed for Nasty Plot

-Red Gyarados (because it's shiny 8D): Dragon Dance/Waterfall or Aqua Tail/(two of: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Stone Edge/Rock Throw)<-- I suggest a Rock move for opposing Gyarados if you don't have an electric to deal with them. Ice is good against the various dragon users in the game

-Mamoswine: Ice Shard/Earthquake/(Two of: Ice Fang/Rock Throw or Stone Edge/Avalanche, or anything else that may make sense. Remember he's a physical attacker, though)

-Weavile: you get it late in the game, but a strong physical attacker Dark/Ice/Fighting moves on him are quite good.

-Dragonite (you can get one in the Dragon's Den from the old guy): Pick and choose what you need. It's got more than just a few moves, let me assure you.

--Eveelutions (that are worth using, at least)

-Vaporeon: Surf/Ice Beam/Toxic/Protect is pure evil. Especially when it gets leftovers

-Jolteon: Awesome special attacker

-Espeon: it's a good special attacker

My suggestion: Go with what you like. Keep in mind these aren't ALL the pokemon you can possibly get. Mainly, go for coverage for an in-game team. Try and get moves that can boost your stats on pokemon that can use it. Something like Weavile, it being fragile like a china vase, won't get many chances to use a Swords Dance. Gyarados, being quite bulky, will use Dragon Dance quite well. Stuff like that.

A couple warnings about that team:

Shedinja is not very good. Being one-shotted by anything that's super effective and there being WEEEEEEEEIRD movesets in-game, you can bet that it's going to get OHKO'd more than a few times. Plus it's impossible to find before beating the Elite 4 without trading.

Torterra. Swampert and Lucario are in the same boat as Shedinja for availability (ok, you can get a Riolu in the safari zone after about two months, but...), except that they're extremely good if you can get them. Torterra: physical attacker, Swampert: mixed tank (think Surf/Ice Beam/Earthquake or the physical/special variants of either one. Slightly weaker on the special side, though) Lucario: mixed, better at special (think Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Psychic/something or Close Combat/Crunch/Extremespeed/Stone Edge or Rock slide or a variant of the two. He's got a huge movepool, like Dragonite)

Swampert AND Quagsire on a team? Urm... go for a different pokemon, they're pretty close to the same, in-game.

Are you talking about in-game or competitively?

Truthfully, anything in-game works... at least almost anything.

So your starter is Typhlosion... then you have no need for another Fire Pokemon I suppose. A set you can use is:

- Flamethrower (naturally... or go Heat Wave/Fire Blast, your choice, but I prefer Flamethrower)

- Sunny Day (TM11, given by a lady in the Radio Tower after you clear the Rockets out)... weakens Water moves, boosts Fire moves... and allows for...

- Solarbeam (TM22 purchasable @ Goldenrod Department Store)... hurts Water Pokemon a lot, requires no charge up in the sun

- Focus Blast (TM52 purchasable @ Goldenrod Department Store)... for Empoleons but still you're walled by Tentacruels... / Extrasensory (breed with Vulpix, which is only in SS)... hurts Tentacruels at least and can flinch... plus you get 30 of these! / Substitute (TM90 purchasable @ Goldenrod Game Corner for 2000 Coins)

For an Eeveelution, you can try Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon... but the two you should stay away from are Flareon and Umbreon. Why?

1) You already have a Fire Pokemon in Typhlosion, so no need for Flareon

2) Umbreon is defensive... unless you're playing competitively it serves no use in game

Vaporeon: Teach it Surf... and it learns Aurora Beam at level 36. I'm training one right now, it is very good. If you can, get TM13 on Seafoam Islands or 10000 Coins at Goldenrod for Ice Beam. Morty's TM30 Shadow Ball can definitely help too (also purchasable for 64 BP in Battle Frontier). This one's the best Eeveelution... but for in game Espeon is better.

Jolteon: Thunderbolt... and... I guess Shadow Ball? Not much options with this guy, but he's lightning fast (no pun intended) and if you can, teach him Signal Beam from Battle Frontier. Wanna try Hyper Beam? o_o

Flareon: You can give it Fire Blast... Will-o-Wisp... Toxic... Overheat... Fire Fang... or even Return. There are not many ways you can make this guy though.

Espeon: Psychic is definitely a must (Psybeam/Confusion early on). Get Swift and Shadow Ball as well... and it's a fast sweeping powerhouse. Calm Mind makes it even more deadlier.

Umbreon: Just avoid it if you can. Dark Pulse or Payback can work with this guy though, but unless you want to stall your opponent out, just don't use it. Confuse Ray can be helpful though.

Relyte made a couple of good suggestions for your team as well... so try them out.

Very true, but this is the main team I use mainly for battling very strong trainers on my SS. Its one of my strongest team and its a great team to use.

Torterra: Physical Deffenser/Attacker

Move Set: Earthquake/Leaf Storm/Frenzy Plant/Protect

Held Item: Miracle Seed

Swampert: Mixed Tank

Move Set: Hydro Cannon/Ice Beam/Earthquake/Protect

Held Item: Mystic Water

Lucario: Mixed/Special Attacker

Move Set: Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball/Close Combat/Extremespeed

Held Item: Life Orb

Togekiss: Special Attacker

Move Set: Aura Sphere/Air Slash/Thunder Wave/Extremespeed

Held Item: Metronome

Magmortar: Physical Attacker/Mixed Tank

Move Set: Flamethrower/Overheat/Stone Edge/Protect

Held Item: Scope Lens

Honchkrow: Speed/Attacker

Move Set: Sky Attack/Brave Bird/Roost/Dark Pulse

Held Item: Sharp Beak

Ursaring: Physical Attacker

Move Set: Hyper Beam/Hammer Arm/Confuse Ray/Bulk Up

Held Item: Leftovers

Garchomp: Physical Attacker

Move Set: Dragon Rush/Earthquake/Draco Meteor/Dragon Dance

Held Item: Dragon Fang

Espeon: Special Attacker

Move Set: Psychic/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind/Confuse Ray

Lapres: Deffenser

Move Set: Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Surf/Recover

Held Item: Mystic Water

You have a couple of illegal sets there... such as Dragon Dancing Garchomp or a Confuse Raying Espeon. Also, there is very little practicality of running moves of the same type and the same damage type... such as Surf and Hydro Pump.

Garchomp can really learn Dragon Dance, but not on its own. Their is an old lady in Platinum that teaches Dragon Dance. If I recall its in the Battle Frontier.

In order for Espeon to have Confuse Ray, you will need to train your Eevee until it learns Confuse Ray. After that evolve your Eevee into an Espeon.

The main six pokemon I use are the first six and the others are my replacements (Meaning if I don't want to use one of them, I'll transfer them to my pc in exchange for the others).

Garchomp can really learn Dragon Dance, but not on its own. Their is an old lady in Platinum that teaches Dragon Dance. If I recall its in the Battle Frontier.

In order for Espeon to have Confuse Ray, you will need to train your Eevee until it learns Confuse Ray. After that evolve your Eevee into an Espeon.

The main six pokemon I use are the first six and the others are my replacements (Meaning if I don't want to use one of them, I'll transfer them to my pc in exchange for the others).

Nope. Or else people would use Dragon Dance on it... but no one does. The old lady you are thinking of is Draco Meteor and she is not in Battle Frontier. Also there is no Dragon Dance tutor.

Eevee does not learn Confuse Ray. The only line of evolution that learns Confuse Ray is Umbreon.

@ Nikoc: Next time you're posting something that long, try putting it in [*SPOILER] [*/SPOILER], without the *'s.

Also, when using that guide, remember there are other recovery moves than Rest, and it's for DP/Pt.

Just looked up Ursaring. He can't learn Confuse Ray either.

The pokemon look good, other than the fact that you have over 6 (more than can fit in one team...)

Ursaring's really slow and frail, but he's got good attack. Kinda like Mamoswine, as I am discovering... :/

You having a Swampert and a Lapras is a little bit redundant since they are running virtually the same moveset and accomplishing pretty much the same thing. Give Swampert Surf instead of Hydro Cannon and a Leftovers and you've got yourself a perfectly good defensive tank.

Magmortar is primarily a special attacker, so giving him Flamethrower/Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Psychic or Focus Blast will make him more versatile. Don't expect him to soak up much damage, except not very effective hits. Fire, like Ice, is not a very defensive typing.

Some offensive move types that are good (not necessarily necessary) to have on your team are: Electric, Fire, Water, Ice, Ground, Rock, Psychic, and Fighting.

I think these pokemon are a good team to use.

Electivire: Special Attacker

Move Set: Thunder/Rain Dance/Thunder Wave/Rest

Held Item: Lum Berry

Alakazam: Special Attacker

Move Set: Psychic/Calm Mind/Shadow Ball/Recover or Future Sight

Ryperior: Physical Attacker

Move Set: Stone Edge/Hammer Arm/Rock Polish/Stealth Rock or Focus Blast

Snorlax: Mixed Tank

Move Set: Body Slam/Hyper Beam/Rest/Sleep Talk

Blaziken: Physical Attacker

Move Set: Overheat/Flamethrower/Focus Blast/Bulk Up

Held Item: Charcoal

Sceptile: Speed

Move Set: Leaf Blade/Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Quick Attack

Held Item: Miracle Seed

Bear in mind that this is an ingame team for someone without Gen 3 games to import from (see the OP). Thus, Blaziken and Sceptile would be difficult to obtain.

Those movesets are not very good. Electivire should get attacking moves, not a supporting moveset. He's too frail to use Thunder Wave and Rest. He should either be a mixed or a physical attacker, as his special movepool does not offer enough coverage, plus his special attack, although decent, is not anything to write home about. His attack stat is much better. Hence, Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Cross Chop/Ice Punch or Hidden Power Ice, if you're lucky.

Alakazam looks good, just give him Recover, not Future Sight, and maybe change to Life Orb or something that boosts Psychic Moves. Focus Blast is good instead of Shadow Ball too.

Rhyperior looks good, just use Avalanche or Megahorn instead of Stealth Rock/Focus Blast. Why use a special move on a physical attacker? Plus you've already got a Fighting move, so Focus Blast is unnecessary.

Snorlax is not a mixed tank, pure and simple. He's a physical-attacking special sponge. Give him Earthquake instead of Body Slam and you're set.

Blaziken: If he's a physical attacker, why does he not have any physical attacks? Overheat/Sky Uppercut/Brave Bird/Bulk Up is a possible set. You may want Blaze Kick instead of Overheat. He would want a Life Orb or an Expert Belt, not Charcoal.

Sceptile: Speed would mean no setup moves, such as Sunny Day/Solarbeam. Sceptile is pretty versatile, being able to run either a Swords Dance set or a special set, or, if you wanted one, a mixed set. And his item should be Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Bear in mind that this is an ingame team for someone without Gen 3 games to import from (see the OP). Thus, Blaziken and Sceptile would be difficult to obtain.

Those movesets are not very good. Electivire should get attacking moves, not a supporting moveset. He's too frail to use Thunder Wave and Rest. He should either be a mixed or a physical attacker, as his special movepool does not offer enough coverage, plus his special attack, although decent, is not anything to write home about. His attack stat is much better. Hence, Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Cross Chop/Ice Punch or Hidden Power Ice, if you're lucky.

Alakazam looks good, just give him Recover, not Future Sight, and maybe change to Life Orb or something that boosts Psychic Moves. Focus Blast is good instead of Shadow Ball too.

Rhyperior looks good, just use Avalanche or Megahorn instead of Stealth Rock/Focus Blast. Why use a special move on a physical attacker? Plus you've already got a Fighting move, so Focus Blast is unnecessary.

Snorlax is not a mixed tank, pure and simple. He's a physical-attacking special sponge. Give him Earthquake instead of Body Slam and you're set.

Blaziken: If he's a physical attacker, why does he not have any physical attacks? Overheat/Sky Uppercut/Brave Bird/Bulk Up is a possible set. You may want Blaze Kick instead of Overheat. He would want a Life Orb or an Expert Belt, not Charcoal.

Sceptile: Speed would mean no setup moves, such as Sunny Day/Solarbeam. Sceptile is pretty versatile, being able to run either a Swords Dance set or a special set, or, if you wanted one, a mixed set. And his item should be Life Orb or Expert Belt.

This is my current team and to me its a good team. You might want to try it out.

Swampert @ Leftovers

Torrent

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Earthquake

- rotect

Torterra @ Leftovers

Overgrow

- Leaf Storm

- Sunny Day

- SolarBeam

- Earthquake