PKHex Version 12/18/2023 not working

JoGoTheVO

21 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX is a Windows program. If you are using mono/wine to run it on another system, then that is on you to troubleshoot.

PKHeX should have created an error log file in the local directory it was run from.

Okay so I have an error log file. Any idea what this means?

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 8.42.39 PM.png

16 minutes ago, JoGoTheVO said:

Update: there’s a new version of CrossOver. Lemme try that.

Update 2:

Okay, even with the updated version of CrossOver, I’m still getting this error.

I don’t even use Wine as it’s not compatible with my current Mac version so IDK what’s going on here. At this rate we really need a Mac port of PKHex; jumping through all these hurdles is a pain.

• Like 1

CrossOver has not updated to use the latest release candidate of Wine as mentioned above; you'll have to wait until it is updated then.

PKHeX is open source, and you're underestimating the amount of work needed to create a fully functional GUI. You're more than welcome to try, but it's still recommended to either wait or just use a Windows VM, as mentioned in the change log.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, Kaphotics said:

CrossOver has not updated to use the latest release candidate of Wine as mentioned above; you'll have to wait until it is updated then.

PKHeX is open source, and you're underestimating the amount of work needed to create a fully functional GUI. You're more than welcome to try, but it's still recommended to either wait or just use a Windows VM, as mentioned in the change log.

Is there any way to patch the new version of Wine into Crossover manually? I overheard in another thread that it was possible, although it didn't specify how.

13 hours ago, JoGoTheVO said:

Is there any way to patch the new version of Wine into Crossover manually? I overheard in another thread that it was possible, although it didn't specify how.

@JoGoTheVO any luck with this? I've been having the same issue and error and thanks to this thread finally realized it's the Wine being outdated. But not sure how to update that on my older Mac =/ or how to get Crossover to function. Tried to sign up for beta testing releases of CrossOver but that's been closed. Think the 23.71 version of CrossOver is on Wine 8.0.1. Hoping they release a version with a Wine version compatible with the currently PKHex cause it's the only solution on I can use on my older mac currently. Please lmk if you manage to find a fix/work around. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, Kaphotics said:

Okay so CrossOver has now finally updated to support Wine 9.0. I was elated to hear this... but now every time I click "File" to open a PK9 file, the app crashes due to an "unhandled exception".

This is the error report it gives me. Can anyone help?

ErrorReport.txt

4 minutes ago, JoGoTheVO said:

Okay so CrossOver has now finally updated to support Wine 9.0. I was elated to hear this... but now every time I click "File" to open a PK9 file, the app crashes due to an "unhandled exception".

This is the error report it gives me. Can anyone help?

ErrorReport.txt 11.45 kB · 0 downloads

update your version of Wine; 9.0 is not the latest, and this was fixed by Wine in a later release.

41 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

update your version of Wine; 9.0 is not the latest, and this was fixed by Wine in a later release.

Well this is CrossOver I'm using and the most recent version of Wine it uses is 9.0, last updated this past February.

I can't afford a virtual machine, so I guess I'm stuck for another 9 months.

Either way this is not the same error message that I got last time.