Gen 2 is still one of the best generations

ekrartona

I still am a fan of the franchise and i love the newer generations, wun and moon were especially fantastic and i loved the fact that becoming champion actually meant you had to fight to keep the title; but even with all these new pokémon, new areas and stories, i still find generation 2 to be one of the best in the franchise.

Personally i put it within top 5, i love the fact that there's not just one but TWO regions to explore and catch all kinds of pokémon in as well as how the storyline directly plays out as a sequel to the previous game, the gameplay is amazing with the pokégear, the gym battles, exploring the towers and other landmarks like the Ruins of Alph and Mt. Silver. anyone else still love these games and think they hold up, or is it just me?

• 3 months later...

It's also my favourite one. 

But this gen does not come without things that could have been better, especially the GB ones. Ex :

- No zone to properly level up

- Although being a wonderful region, I think that it could even be better if more resources were put into it rather than providing an ultra light version of Kanto. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have Kanto but I'd have prefered to have a deeper and bigger Johto region with no Kanto if given the choice.

- Lack of challenge with the gym champions. Only normal type gym is challenging. The Dragon one is ok too. All the other ones are too easy (Sunny Day on Steelix, come on...).

But even considering this, it still remains my favourite iteration.