original yellow .sav issue

idevelop

When opening with PKHeX i get "Binary is not compatible with save file. Current SAV Generation: 1".

I opened the save in HxD and it /looks normal to me but I am not an expert. Any help/advice/tips is greatly appreciated as this is the original save off my very first cart when I was a child. The battery has not been replaced but when reading it with YAGB it /seems to still be working. 

image.png

dump_gb.sav

22 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Clean your cartridge contacts. The contents of the file you uploaded do not look even close to a Gen1 save file.

(obtain another valid save file and compare the tw o in a hex editor, the difference is obvious)

I have attached photos of the board before -> after cleaning with 91 isopropyl alcohol. If you notice i did get a different save file, but I am still getting the same error. I did compare it to what I believe to be an authentic gen 1 save file and it still doesn't look the same. I then tested the YAGB against a pokemon blue cart that still has a working battery and I get the same error when attempting to view the save file in PKHeX. So I decided to order a different cart reader. This one specifically. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me! I greatly appreciate it. I really hope I can get this save file. 

cleaned_1.jpg

cleaned_2.jpg

not_cleaned.png

dump_gb.sav

23 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Clean your cartridge contacts. The contents of the file you uploaded do not look even close to a Gen1 save file.

(obtain another valid save file and compare the two in a hex editor, the difference is obvious)

Also, did I post in the wrong section? I apologize if I did.

4 hours ago, idevelop said:

I have attached photos of the board before -> after cleaning with 91 isopropyl alcohol. If you notice i did get a different save file, but I am still getting the same error. I did compare it to what I believe to be an authentic gen 1 save file and it still doesn't look the same. I then tested the YAGB against a pokemon blue cart that still has a working battery and I get the same error when attempting to view the save file in PKHeX. So I decided to order a different cart reader. This one specifically. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me! I greatly appreciate it. I really hope I can get this save file.

dump_gb.sav 32 kB · 5 downloads

Same general appearance, same junk :(

Guess it's time to wait for another dumper :D

On 10/21/2023 at 1:27 AM, Kaphotics said:

Same general appearance, same junk :(

Guess it's time to wait for another dumper :D

I am pretty sure I have bad news. :/ The GB Operator came in. Did a dump. The save matches the last one. I think at this point somehow the save got overwritten maybe. I'm not sure if there is any way to perform data recovery though I highly doubt it. Kinda sad. I'd pay good money to get my original save back.