legal pokemon marked as illegal

nxi

hello, some of my pokemon (specifically max lair legendaries) appear as illegal in version 20230916. prior to this update i used 20230709 with no issues, and it doesnt seem like its really illegal either? it has a ! symbol and says "unable to match an encounter from origin game," but hovering over the pokemon doesnt say "invalid" on the encounter type.

see here:

image.png.2268a808fa41da154f560bd046739d62.png

additionally, (this also happens in pokemon scarlet) an alolan raichu has the same issue however hovering over it says the encounter type is invalid. it was hatched from an egg, again, no issues in 20230709, and both the alolan raichu and max lair legendaries have been used online and even traded back and forth with no error messages. 

i believe this to be an error, and i don't think that the pokemon are truly illegal, but any clarfication on this would be appreciated, thanks

strange, i just hyper trained them as far as i can remember, unless i for some reason changed the ivs and then hyper trained them? how would i fix it though? should i just pick one from the encounter table and copy the pid, ec and ivs? ive also made other max lair mons shiny, which changes the pid i believe but they still appear as legal so im confused

6 minutes ago, nxi said:

strange, i just hyper trained them as far as i can remember, unless i for some reason changed the ivs and then hyper trained them? how would i fix it though? should i just pick one from the encounter table and copy the pid, ec and ivs? ive also made other max lair mons shiny, which changes the pid i believe but they still appear as legal so im confused

Mind showing me a screenshot of the IVs for the Xurkitree?

Those that you made shiny likely aren’t legal, it’s just their PKHeX can’t validate their correlation (intensive to load all at a moment) so PKHeX likely doesn’t validate it. Doesn’t mean they aren’t illegal. Someone with the software could do that check offline, for each creature, one by one.

sorry apparently i can only make 2 posts per day so i made a new account for this, here they are:

image.png.dacebce529413ce17517e5cea3d78023.png

i think maybe it could be that i changed the nature. but im not sure how to figure out what it originally was.

wouldn't i get an error when using it online though? that's what confuses me, i thought it says something along the lines of "there is a problem with your pokemon"

edit: now that i look at them, it seems that its only the non-shiny max lair mons that are illegal, which is odd

Edited by nx1

No, you won’t get an error using them online, cause they weren’t super hacked. Online hack checks aren’t worth anything; don’t use them as a basis.

You likely modified all of them then. My unmodified mons are fine. Also, they likely appeared “legal” (even if they actually weren’t) cause PKHeX previously didn’t check for it. It just means they were illegal to begin with I reckon. If you like, you can upload some of the mons and we’ll look at it.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

If you like, you can upload some of the mons and we’ll look at it.

here is the xurkitree: 0796 - Xurkitree - C840726221C9.pk8

here is a shiny, but "legal" (even though it likely isnt according to what you said) pheromosa: 0795 ★ - Pheromosa - AF521B714C03.pk8

EDIT: i totally forgot that pichu doesnt have an alolan form so now it makes sense that its illegal. disregard this part lmao) and here is an alolan raichu which appears to be illegal though im not sure why: 0026-01 - Raichu - 9C0BBE20080B.pk8

also, what do you mean by "super hacked?" like, illegal moves, items, etc?

thank you!

Edited by nx1

Try checking the met tab when a otherwise legal pokemon comes up illegal. I've noticed on mine that sometimes when i select a pokemon to view it doesn't pull the met info, it'll blank out the boxes and highlight them red. I fix it by staying on the met tab and viewing the pokemon again and it should pull the met info.

2 hours ago, hollow1115 said:

Try checking the met tab when a otherwise legal pokemon comes up illegal. I've noticed on mine that sometimes when i select a pokemon to view it doesn't pull the met info, it'll blank out the boxes and highlight them red. I fix it by staying on the met tab and viewing the pokemon again and it should pull the met info.

In this case this likely isn’t that. They should treat *all* edited Max Lair entries to be illegal on their part, cause they probably did their edits without knowing what they were doing.

As for your Raichu, I’ve yet to look at it.