Help! Cute charm glitch in Pokemon Platinum is not working

10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Your hacked Cleffa wasn't made properly. Also reminder that it needs to be in the lead of your party.

Once done right, it works fine.
image.png

Thanks! but how exactly i made the cleffa incorrectly? i thought i gave it both the ID and the SID was it with the gender the problem?
Because even if i put male cleffa it still shows up as Female in Desmume and idk what am i doing wrong atp

Edited by Player686776

22 minutes ago, Player686776 said:

Thanks! but how exactly i made the cleffa incorrectly? i thought i gave it both the ID and the SID was it with the gender the problem?
Because even if i put male cleffa it still shows up as Female in Desmume and idk what am i doing wrong atp

NVM thanks! i learned how gender ratio with PID from gen 4 works! i just had to reroll the PID till it went more than 190 since cleffa gender ratio is 75 percent and it needed more than 190! thx a lot

I don’t think it is fully be the gender ratio at fault; PKHeX should display gender ratio correctly

I believe this visual mismatch occurred because Gen 4 split out the gender to a separate byte. You can indicate it to be whatever gender, but the games still display gender based on PID (so you rerolling fixed the gender, and indirectly solved the problem of PKHeX showing different gender than in-game)