Pkhex legality check problems with a Shiny pokemon generated with Action Replay cheat/code [Black&White Gen5]

RoninS

I thought the Action Replay/cheat codes to get shiny pokemon (every random pokemon encounter is a shiny pokemon) created non-legitimate cromatic pokemon… but i caught one… and the pkhex legal-check mark it as 100% “legal” .. without any PID problems or others… so… pkhex is no longer reliable to recognized a illegal/legal pkmn?… Or this ActionReplay code generates a correct/legal Shiny PD few seconds before the pkmn appared? 

I don’t think the pkhex marks “legit” a shiny illegal pokemon… 

This is only for Gen5 BW/B2W2, in the Gen4 the shiny generated with similar code is considered non legal to Pkhex

16 hours ago, RoninS said:

The thing is that starting from Gen 5, they made it so Any PID is possible, meaning that the shiny generated via action replay are still technically obtainable in-game and thus, are marked as legal.

You'd have to mess up badly in order for the shinies to be marked as illegal (i.e. trying to assign impossible stats, abilities, etc.)

Gen 4 on the other hand (and Gen 3) had more limitations so PID generating required a bit more in order to get legal pokemon.

14 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

The thing is that starting from Gen 5, they made it so Any PID is possible, meaning that the shiny generated via action replay are still technically obtainable in-game and thus, are marked as legal.

You'd have to mess up badly in order for the shinies to be marked as illegal (i.e. trying to assign impossible stats, abilities, etc.)

Gen 4 on the other hand (and Gen 3) had more limitations so PID generating required a bit more in order to get legal pokemon.

This mean that from 5th gen is impossible recognized a shiny generated with Action Replay (or directly with “Shiny finder PID” button on the Pkhex)?.. Is truly sufficent only change the PID for have a legal shiny mons? ..

3 hours ago, RoninS said:

This mean that from 5th gen is impossible recognized a shiny generated with Action Replay (or directly with “Shiny finder PID” button on the Pkhex)?.. Is truly sufficent only change the PID for have a legal shiny mons? ..

Not quite "impossible" since it also would depend on how the Action Replay gives you the shinies, for example, some AR force the same Shiny PID everytime so even though the pokemon would be legal, they'll all be "clones" of each other and that of course would be an obvious sign that they're not legit.

But yes, for the most part it will be enough to change the PID from normal to a shiny one and the game won't see any issue with that.

4 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

Not quite "impossible" since it also would depend on how the Action Replay gives you the shinies, for example, some AR force the same Shiny PID everytime so even though the pokemon would be legal, they'll all be "clones" of each other and that of course would be an obvious sign that they're not legit.

But yes, for the most part it will be enough to change the PID from normal to a shiny one and the game won't see any issue with that.

I checked the PID on the pkhex, and they have different PID 👽
At this point, in my opinion, spending hours/days for found a legit shiny no longer make sense.. but is only for a personal satisfaction.. 

On 7/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, Desmondcsz said:

I have an interesting update… i tried to use the shiny code on white2/black2 instead of white/black... and not all shiny caught on B2W2 are legal... Example: 10 shiny caught, but 6 are not legal and 4 are legal... this is very strange... why this difference in you opinion? 🤔 Maybe there is a RNG difference between B/W and B2/W2?

Edited by RoninS

7 hours ago, RoninS said:

i tried to use the shiny code on white2/black2

Cheat codes just change the behavior of the game. If the resulting behavior does things that aren't just "skipping until shiny" then you're going to end up with impossible outputs.

Not all games have PID/IV correlations; Gen5 has one for wild pokemon where PID bits need to align with the trainer ID, even if not shiny.

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Cheat codes just change the behavior of the game. If the resulting behavior does things that aren't just "skipping until shiny" then you're going to end up with impossible outputs.

But, so why the cheat codes work fine in Black/White? And generated 100% legal shiny pokemon? The Pkhex considering all of them as Legal!
In Black2/White2 the situation is very different, i used the same cheat code, but only (for example) 4 of 10 shiny generated are considerate legal by Pkhex, what is the problem with the others mons? 

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Not all games have PID/IV correlations; Gen5 has one for wild pokemon where PID bits need to align with the trainer ID, even if not shiny.

Gen5 includes Black/White and Black2/White2.. so why the cheat codes works fine only in Black/White? What is the difference between them?