Why can't I trade this Mismagius I made?

Snoodle

I made a shiny Mismagius that evolved from the Pokemon Colosseum Shadow Misdreavus. It has all possible ribbons up to Scarlet/Violet, but for some reason I cannot trade it or go into ranked battles when I put it in game. PkHex says it is fully legal. I'm not seeing anything that should prevent it from reading as a fully normal and legal Pokemon.

I've had the other shiny shadow pokemon go through Ranked in Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet perfectly fine. The only reason I'm even making this Mismagius is because the one I already made previously, that went through Pokemon Bank, for some reason ALSO can't be traded or go into ranked battles, even though it is also perfectly legal and made the same way I made the other mons that were able to. Please help.

0429 ★ - Morrigan - E17E38731625.pk9

12 minutes ago, Snoodle said:

I made a shiny Mismagius that evolved from the Pokemon Colosseum Shadow Misdreavus. It has all possible ribbons up to Scarlet/Violet, but for some reason I cannot trade it or go into ranked battles when I put it in game. PkHex says it is fully legal. I'm not seeing anything that should prevent it from reading as a fully normal and legal Pokemon.

I've had the other shiny shadow pokemon go through Ranked in Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet perfectly fine. The only reason I'm even making this Mismagius is because the one I already made previously, that went through Pokemon Bank, for some reason ALSO can't be traded or go into ranked battles, even though it is also perfectly legal and made the same way I made the other mons that were able to. Please help.

0429 ★ - Morrigan - E17E38731625.pk9 344 B · 1 download

While I don't think the games even look for it, your mon, that isn't from Scarlet/Violet, has no HOME tracker. Maybe all the ribbons are tripping up their hack checker. Or maybe it is the contest stats messing with them.

Try creating a more legal 'pleb version' first;  no contest stats, no ribbons.

Then let us know how it works.

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

While I don't think the games even look for it, your mon, that isn't from Scarlet/Violet, has no HOME tracker. Maybe all the ribbons are tripping up their hack checker. Or maybe it is the contest stats messing with them.

Try creating a more legal 'pleb version' first;  no contest stats, no ribbons.

Then let us know how it works.

Just tried, removed all but the National Ribbon, which it is required to have as a former Shadow Pokemon. Game still prevents it from being traded.

10429 ★ - Morrigan - D4E438731625.pk9

Edited by Snoodle
wrong file

2 minutes ago, Atrius97 said:

This appears to be an issue with the server whitelist, not PKHeX. I was able to reproduce the issue with multiple past-gen origin Mismagius, but it seems to trade perfectly fine as a Misdreavus

wait, so what you're saying is that for some reason, the pokemon company/gamefreak has past gen Mismagius banned? Is this just a Scarlet Violet issue or a BDSP/PLA issue too? And should I just use a mismagius instead?

Do you think it'll be blocked again if it evolves in Scarlet/Violet?

1 hour ago, Snoodle said:

wait, so what you're saying is that for some reason, the pokemon company/gamefreak has past gen Mismagius banned? Is this just a Scarlet Violet issue or a BDSP/PLA issue too? And should I just use a mismagius instead?

Do you think it'll be blocked again if it evolves in Scarlet/Violet?

I think the issue is specific to Mismagius with the origin game of a past Gen.

so evolving a Misdreavus from Colo in SV probably doesn’t matter; it’s the origin game and evolution combination that’s the problem. Maybe they’re having issues with evotree too 😂

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think the issue is specific to Mismagius with the origin game of a past Gen.

so evolving a Misdreavus from Colo in SV probably doesn’t matter; it’s the origin game and evolution combination that’s the problem. Maybe they’re having issues with evotree too 😂

Yep, just managed to trade the exact same mismagius file, but changed to be a misdreavus instead 😂. what is going one with gamefreak???

0200 ★ - Morrigan - C0C305662B31.pk9

2 hours ago, Snoodle said:

Yep, just managed to trade the exact same mismagius file, but changed to be a misdreavus instead 😂. what is going one with gamefreak???

0200 ★ - Morrigan - C0C305662B31.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

The idea is probably along the lines of “Gen 4 Pokémon should originate from Gen 4 games”, and they’ve yet to deal with the intricacies of cross Gen evolution in this case. That’s my guess 

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The idea is probably along the lines of “Gen 4 Pokémon should originate from Gen 4 games”, and they’ve yet to deal with the intricacies of cross Gen evolution in this case. That’s my guess 

Probably, but it does also seem specific to Mismagius. My Honchkrow that was a gen 3 Murkrow went through just fine. So maybe they just forgot to say it was Okay for Mismagius when they saw they'd already okayed Misdreavus . Idk, its weird though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoodle said:

Probably, but it does also seem specific to Mismagius. My Honchkrow that was a gen 3 Murkrow went through just fine. So maybe they just forgot to say it was Okay for Mismagius when they saw they'd already okayed Misdreavus . Idk, its weird though

Wouldn’t be the first time something in the whitelist isn’t automatically updated. I say raise a ticket with TPCi.