The rom header is invalid. The device size has been increased to allow for the provided size

Nayru

Hello there!

I am brand new using PKhex, so I don't know what mistake I may have made.
I used Pkhex to transform my dratini into shiny and added some rare candies to my bag and saved the changes. 
Every time I try to open my save (HeartGold) in Desmume the following message appears: "The rom header is invalid. The device size has been increased to allow for the provided size". As a result, I can no longer play the game. 
Can you please help me with this?

Edited by Nayru

Now I am the one who is confused.

As I said before, I have no idea what to do to continue playing because the game no longer opens. Instead, the message above (in the title) appears. I have never used PKhex before, I am just asking for help with it.

This does not sound like a problem caused by PKHeX. It's either your ROM that got corrupted or some faulty emulator settings.

Things you can try:

• if you have cheats active, remove or disable all of them
  • delete your emulator settings (should be desmume.ini, or something like that)
  • delete and redownload the latest version of the emulator and all of its files
  • redump your game
  • try melonDS instead https://github.com/melonDS-emu/melonDS/releases/latest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there, sorry to reopen this thread, however I've had the same issue "The rom header is invalid". I don't have any active cheats on and I've also redownloaded the most recent version of Desmume. @BlackShark when you say re-dump, do you mean load the saved file state in the new version of Desmume? Thanks