just wanted to bring this up but...

fuegaluna

i tried making a Frogadier from Friend Safari in Pokemon X, with the following Ribbons; Kalos Champion, Hoenn Champion (ORAS), Alola Champion, Gorgeous, Royal, and Gorgeous Royal, and all of these are grayed out even though they can legitimately be obtained. i assume its something that has to be updated since i tried a Talonflame with same credentials into SwSh and S/V and no problems. i can post the file if need be, i was just curious if its just something that has to be updated or if i was doing something wrong.

7 hours ago, fuegaluna said:

i tried making a Frogadier from Friend Safari in Pokemon X, with the following Ribbons; Kalos Champion, Hoenn Champion (ORAS), Alola Champion, Gorgeous, Royal, and Gorgeous Royal, and all of these are grayed out even though they can legitimately be obtained. i assume its something that has to be updated since i tried a Talonflame with same credentials into SwSh and S/V and no problems. i can post the file if need be, i was just curious if its just something that has to be updated or if i was doing something wrong.

Well if you're making it on X then it can't have the Hoenn nor Alola Champion ribbon, the other 3 are also not obtainable in XY.

If it doesn't have any data showing it's been traded, and it's still currently in X, how do you expect it to have obtained any ORAS ribbons? Make sure to set data that would imply it's been traded, like a latest not-OT handler name and language (and memories/3DS locations, etc.)

Also, yes, if you're making it in X, then it obviously can't have any Gen 7 ribbons, because Gen 6 didn't have Gen 7 backward transfers.

i guess what i meant was im trying to get a Frogadier *from* X (origin game) that was then transferred to other games for their Ribbons. as ive mentioned, i tried Talonflame originating from X and all the above Ribbons worked in both SwSh and S/V. so i was guessing that maybe its a little quirk with the legality check. (i've also tried several pokemon originating from both B/W and B/W2 and those same ribbons also worked, only happened with Kalos starters so far).

and i'm trying to get it in S/V, not sure if thats where the confusion was ^