Changing Trainer ID for Soulsilver

apri

Hi!

If I am using PKHex to change the TID and the SID for my actual trainer in my Soulsilver game, then...

1. How will that affect the legality of the Pokémon I've already caught with the old TID and SID and now "update" with the new TID/SID?

Because of the correlations between TID/SID and a Pokémon's PID - will I need to manually find a new PID for every Pokémon to make them legal? (and transferable to Pokémon Home).

2. How will changing the TID/SID affect the legality of new Pokémon that I will catch?

Will the game now automatically start to find PIDs for Pokémon that is correlating to the new TID/SID, or will the game still find PID correlations to the old TID/SID?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know this? About to catch Lugia with my new (edited) trainer ID, and want to make sure the PID and all that will generate correctly according to my new TID, so I can transfer it up.

On 6/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, apri said:

I just did some tests on my HG save file. Changing TID/SID didn't affect the legality of already caught pokemon, though stuff like shininess changes due to the new combo.

If you edit your TID/SID then the game will just "accommodate" to that and generate regular, legal PIDs for the new combo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

I just did some tests on my HG save file. Changing TID/SID didn't affect the legality of already caught pokemon, though stuff like shininess changes due to the new combo.

If you edit your TID/SID then the game will just "accommodate" to that and generate regular, legal PIDs for the new combo

Oh cool! Good to know.

So do I need to find a new PID for the already caught Pokémon that I now put the new TID/SID on? Cause I assume the old PID was chosen for them to correlate to my old TID, and now a new PID need to match the new TID, right?

3 hours ago, apri said:

Oh cool! Good to know.

So do I need to find a new PID for the already caught Pokémon that I now put the new TID/SID on? Cause I assume the old PID was chosen for them to correlate to my old TID, and now a new PID need to match the new TID, right?

You can leave the PIDs as they are really, the only reason to change them would be if some of them were shiny, as shininess uses TID/SID so if you change the original combo, the pokemon will not be shiny anymore and you'll have to find a new shiny PID for the new combo

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

You can leave the PIDs as they are really, the only reason to change them would be if some of them were shiny, as shininess uses TID/SID so if you change the original combo, the pokemon will not be shiny anymore and you'll have to find a new shiny PID for the new combo

Oh I see. Yeah, none of the already caught Pokémon were shiny. So if I got this right, all the same PIDs for non-shiny Pokémon are all available naturally in the game regardless of what your TID/SID is? *Just* not on shiny Pokémon, cause that's when only a set range of PIDs are available.