Bug Report? "Outsider Haunter should have evolved into Gengar"

Lesvia253

Hello there, as stated on the title, I don't know if it's a know bug or if I do something wrong?

I'm posting this here because I think it's a bug, I'm not looking for help.

In Crystal you can catch Haunter at level 15 at Rock Tunnel B1F (5% spawn rate during night) but PKHex return this error : "Outsider Haunter should have evolved into Gengar" , why is that? The ID and OT is the same. Also can't you cancel evolution anyway? I don't understand that error. 😮

Tried to give it an everstone but it did not prevent the error. 

Weirdly enough if I try to gen this Haunter from scratch on a blank save file with PKhex the software see it as valid as it should.

I'm providing PK2 file and the save data (sav.dat) if that help. (Spectrum is french name for Haunter).

Have a nice day!

093 - SPECTRUM - 2880.pk2sav.dat

Edited by Lesvia253

• Lesvia253 changed the title to Bug Report? "Outsider Haunter should have evolved into Gengar"

Well if you don't mind I found another oddity... when you hover over a pokemon you see a tooltip that give infos, this tooltip include a "GameVersion: " info, here is the thing:

Look at this Ivysaur 002 - HERBIZARRE - 5D3D.pk2, import it on a GSC blank file or non-VC GSC file, hover over it and you see GameVersion: RBY which is normal.

Now import the same Ivysaur on a VC GSC file, hover over it and you see GameVersion: GS, also saying it's born from an egg (which is possible but still it's odd).

The move Vine Whip is the culprit here, if you remove it, GameVersion say RBY. (I upload a sav.dat again it's a VC Crystal save file if you need, in this save file you can see the Ivysaur don't have Vine Whip and is considered coming from RBY, give it Vine Whip and you will see GameVersion change to GS).

Should I keep using this thread for anything I found or should I do a new thread every time?

sav.dat

Edited by Lesvia253
typos...

8 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Gen1/2 encounters (besides Crystal) don't store Met data, so PKHeX has to try and guess what encounter it was. There's a lot of matches, so it just picks the first one since any could be true.

I understand that, I think it's a little odd that it pick a different option for a VC save file?

Also, if you save the file under another name than sav.dat then quit and reload, PKHeX will treat the file as a non VC save file, is it normal?

1 hour ago, Lesvia253 said:

I understand that, I think it's a little odd that it pick a different option for a VC save file?

Also, if you save the file under another name than sav.dat then quit and reload, PKHeX will treat the file as a non VC save file, is it normal?

VC save files are ALWAYS called "sav.dat". Besides filename, the file data is the same as it would be for a cartridge dump. The filename differentiation is used in order to permit certain mechanics/encounters from the GB Era like Pokémon Stadium, or disallow them (unavailable in VC).