Questions on Pokemon Gen 9 Save Data: Moving from CFW emuNAND to sysNAND

TheDarwinist42

I have a few questions about moving save data on my Atmosphere 1.4.0, firmware 15.0.1 Switch. I have the game cartridge for Pokemon Scarlet. I downloaded it onto my emuNAND using Gamecard Installer 2.0.0, and I used nxdumptool 1.1.15 to download the Day 1 patch. I have not used PKHeX, cheats, or other modifications to my game. I did not install the gamecard to sysNAND, and I intend to use the gamecard while online.

I want to use Checkpoint (or some other save tool) to move the save from the emuNAND to the sysNAND so that I can trade online. However, I'm running into conflicting information about if this is safe or not. Most sources seem to say that it's safe (with the usual caveats that CFW may still result in a ban), but I've heard rumors of people transferring save data of Pokemon Legends Arceus and getting banned because the internal gameplay time didn't match up with the save file.

Because I heard that this happened on PKHeX's forums, I wanted to check here. Is this something that I need to be worried about? Has anyone run into issues with transferring save files using Checkpoint on the Switch? If all of my Pokemon are legit, do I run the risk of getting banned beyond the general CFW warning? Finally, if I use PKHeX in the future on emuNAND, can I use them in battle / transfer them to HOME if they are legal?

Thank you so much in advance!

• Like 1

I was thinking about it all day cause i got the game cartrige today and played 100% of the game on emunand. Where did you read that things about Pokemon Legends Arceus? Cause i only saw a comment on a video, but only one. If you or someone can solve the problem send me also a private message (just to know if get banned or not) . In the next few days, however, I will try too and let you know.

53 minutes ago, Pivox said:

I was thinking about it all day cause i got the game cartrige today and played 100% of the game on emunand. Where did you read that things about Pokemon Legends Arceus? Cause i only saw a comment on a video, but only one. If you or someone can solve the problem send me also a private message (just to know if get banned or not) . In the next few days, however, I will try too and let you know.

The comment that I read was, admittedly, not a reliable source: It was on r/switchpirates on Reddit. I decided to just say "fish it," and I used Checkpoint to move my save from emuNAND to sysNAND, and then I booted into Stock OFW, not CFW. It seems like the worry is that, on OFW, it says "First Played 15 minutes ago," but in-game time is 80+ hours. I'm not sure how this will affect online trading. I'm currently in Airplane Mode until I get the chance to trade with someone.

Legends Arceus "bans" occurs when multiple save files went online with the same sync id. I'm uncertain of that, but I assume Scarlet/Violet having that check too.

Anyways, this would not impact you if you transfer saves from your emunand to your sysnand, for both Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet.

Save file playtime vs Switch playtime has never been an issue.

Do note that Scarlet/Violet has been out since very little time, and we still don't know the checking/measures Nintendo/GF could have implemented. I will not say, "go online it's safe". So far, though, with the past games that would not have resulted in any bans.

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

Legends Arceus "bans" occurs when multiple save files went online with the same sync id. I'm uncertain of that, but I assume Scarlet/Violet having that check too.

Anyways, this would not impact you if you transfer saves from your emunand to your sysnand, for both Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet.

Save file playtime vs Switch playtime has never been an issue.

Do note that Scarlet/Violet has been out since very little time, and we still don't know the checking/measures Nintendo/GF could have implemented. I will not say, "go online it's safe". So far, though, with the past games that would not have resulted in any bans.

Gotcha, so it sounds like I'll be okay, assuming that there's no new unknown checks. Thank you so much!

13 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

also if i played on another nsp (scarlet downloaded) and not the same as mine (new cartridge of scarlet)?