SV Switching Games Doesn't Switch Box Legendary - Help!

Justerino

Hi everyone, I took my Scarlet save data and converted it to Violet. Taking precautions such as swapping some of the items like Koraidon to Miraidon, the only thing not working is the rideable mount. It shows Miraidon but says Koraidon and when I swap to battle form it is also Koraidon. I searched throughout the whole app but no dice. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi. Don't do that. There are many, many event flag differences between Scarlet and Violet, and trying to convert one to the other would require a significant amount of time and research to determine all the flags and values that need to be altered.

You're welcome to take the save apart and research those flags and values, but honestly it would take less time for you to just make a new save on Violet, give yourself high level Pokémon and items/money to quickly regain any lost progress, and transfer your Pokémon over from the old Scarlet savefile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

Hi. Don't do that. There are many, many event flag differences between Scarlet and Violet, and trying to convert one to the other would require a significant amount of time and research to determine all the flags and values that need to be altered.

You're welcome to take the save apart and research those flags and values, but honestly it would take less time for you to just make a new save on Violet, give yourself high level Pokémon and items/money to quickly regain any lost progress, and transfer your Pokémon over from the old Scarlet savefile.

Noted. I guess ill go ahead and do that. Thanks for the tip~

8 hours ago, Justerino said:

Hi everyone, I took my Scarlet save data and converted it to Violet. Taking precautions such as swapping some of the items like Koraidon to Miraidon, the only thing not working is the rideable mount. It shows Miraidon but says Koraidon and when I swap to battle form it is also Koraidon. I searched throughout the whole app but no dice. Any ideas? Thanks!

You can do it in this way:

- Put the rideable Koraidon in your Party and Save.

- Open your Save in PkHex, go to Party and edit Koraidon to Miraidon, Changing only:

1. Species (Koraidon to Miraidon obv.),
  2. Met Origin Game (Scarlet to Violet),
  3. Moves to match Miraidon ones,
  4. and finally (if you have) change the OT Name SID and ID to match the current Save.

The last one is only if you changed your ID to a new One during conversion (I did it so that the saves are different).

Edited by x7l7j8cc
Quoted the wrong message.

• 2 weeks later...

I found that Miraidon/Koraidon is embedded in the BoxInfo Block Data [0D66012C] when you can't put him in your party yet.

Essentially what I did was:

1. Open your Scarlet Save File in PKHeX. (Change Trainer Info to Pokemon Violet, and your Koraidon Pokeball to Miraidon Pokeball, if you haven't yet.)
  2. Under SAV tab, save your Scarlet Box Data first with "Save Box Data++".
  3. Within the same save file, Click Block Data, Navigate to "*Object BoxInfo" in Block Key.
  4. Click "Import Current Block" and find a [0D66012C.bin]* Pokemon Violet Box Data where Miraidon is embedded. (I recommend to make your own to match Trainer ID and SID* but you can use attached.)
  5. Close the current window. File > Export SAV to a separate location and File > Open it again to update the data displayed
  6. Drag in the Box Data file you saved from step 2
  7. Now File > Export SAV it again and put it on Violet

* Create a Violet Save file changing to same Trainer ID and SID at start before Miraidon Encounter then once you get him at Lighthouse, save, open Violet Save in PKHeX, navigate to step 3, Find "Export Current Block". (Probably necessary to make him obey you once you first use him in battle.)

Still playing this save file for a while. All gyms, titans and team star are still marked the same way I finished them. I'm not still 100% with the game so I'll write back if I have problems (will probably check his Trainer ID once I get him in my party). But I'm kinda sure that event flags are kind of the same between this two versions from the only slight version differences reported on the internet though.

Hopefully, PKHeX updates the program to also change this kind of thing.

UPDATE: You won't probably have to do this anymore because you would also need to change Trainer Data of the Ride Pokemon. Check next post..

0D66012C.bin

Edited by mgknuckles

• 2 weeks later...

Found this thread; am I to understand that you are effectively changing your 'Pokemon Scarlet' to 'Pokemon Violet'? I had assumed based on the way union square spawns worked that both 'games' were on the physical game but if my objective is to change my copy of Violet to have Scarlet spawns, could I do it this way? If so, I assume you changed a lot of the vent flags for the file to convert it to Violet, but do you have one going back for scarlet?

Edited by pyraximus