Missing "Go" logo - editing on BDSP.

Cutzy

Hey, this is a real niche and I totally understand if it's not looked into as it's such a small issue.

I play tons of Pokémon Go and to skip the awful transporter waiting times I've used PKHeX on Sword and Shield to "transfer" the Pokémon myself with almost no issues. So the time comes to do the same with BDSP and all seems fine to begin with, Pokémon edited, they are placed in HOME...

1381219421_Screenshot2022-06-0721-28-32.thumb.png.fdb91ec3142cdc741a11834dfbbe6882.png

All Pokémon are labelled with the "Go" symbol top left. 

However, after I save HOME up and don't connect BDSP... 

459968317_Screenshot2022-06-0721-29-03.thumb.png.6c254021335712db940322f918f1a2b8.png

The edited Pokémon lose their "Go" icon. 

I know it's such a non-issue but to this point every other Pokémon from Go does have this icon (even the ones from Let's Go, where I found a way to do it.) It allows me to keep track of which ones are from Go and which are not. I know there's also the symbol at the bottom but the icon top right has far more uses in my case. 👍

Hope there's some kind of workaround/PKHeX update or even if you've just got more information on the subject it'd be great to understand HOME 2.0 better.

If you need more information, I'll happily provide.

Thank you,
Curtis. 

11 hours ago, Cutzy said:

Hey, this is a real niche and I totally understand if it's not looked into as it's such a small issue.

I play tons of Pokémon Go and to skip the awful transporter waiting times I've used PKHeX on Sword and Shield to "transfer" the Pokémon myself with almost no issues. So the time comes to do the same with BDSP and all seems fine to begin with, Pokémon edited, they are placed in HOME...

1381219421_Screenshot2022-06-0721-28-32.thumb.png.fdb91ec3142cdc741a11834dfbbe6882.png

All Pokémon are labelled with the "Go" symbol top left. 

However, after I save HOME up and don't connect BDSP... 

459968317_Screenshot2022-06-0721-29-03.thumb.png.6c254021335712db940322f918f1a2b8.png

The edited Pokémon lose their "Go" icon. 

I know it's such a non-issue but to this point every other Pokémon from Go does have this icon (even the ones from Let's Go, where I found a way to do it.) It allows me to keep track of which ones are from Go and which are not. I know there's also the symbol at the bottom but the icon top right has far more uses in my case. 👍

Hope there's some kind of workaround/PKHeX update or even if you've just got more information on the subject it'd be great to understand HOME 2.0 better.

If you need more information, I'll happily provide.

Thank you,
Curtis. 

That would be fine before the 2.0 update.

Ever since the 2.0 update, they've split up a single Pokemon file to individual components, in order to retain relevant information for SWSH, BDSP, and PLA.

So simply transferring from any other game may not be enough now; information pertaining to it first entering from GO would be missing.

I get a feeling HOME is viewing as default SWSH, and how SWSH handles BDSP-entered mons, is to wipe the met game off.
For your examples, let's say Monferno, mind hovering over it then taking a screenshot within HOME?
(I imagine it'll show the Galar symbol instead of the GO symbol)

Yeah, it happen to me too. This is the pokemon how it looks when it connects to BDSP and shows the mark. I leveled him up, learned other moves, and returned to Home, but when viewing it without it being connected to BDSP, again the mark disappears.

It seems that the movements disappear when being in Home but not connected to BDSP too.

2022060817215100_s.jpg

2022060817215500_s.jpg

2022060817163100_s.jpg

2022060817163600_s.jpg

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

yeah at this stage don't inject stuff that should have gone through HOME, but didn't.

Got it chief, thank you for your response. I did think it was down to HOME storing and linking the Pokémon differently.
Lost a couple of Pokémon as a result but nothing major, will just have to stop playing Go for a while. 

Cheers,
Curtis. 

Edited by Cutzy

GO -> Let’s Go doesn’t go through HOME.

so as long as you’ve got legal stats, HOME can’t tell the difference between a GO mon injected into your LG save, or caught naturally.

9 hours ago, Cutzy said:

Got it chief, thank you for your response. I did think it was down to HOME storing and linking the Pokémon differently.
Lost a couple of Pokémon as a result but nothing major, will just have to stop playing Go for a while. 

Cheers,
Curtis. 

You won’t need to stop playing GO, just transfer them normally via HOME..

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

GO -> Let’s Go doesn’t go through HOME.

so as long as you’ve got legal stats, HOME can’t tell the difference between a GO mon injected into your LG save, or caught naturally.

You won’t need to stop playing GO, just transfer them normally via HOME..

I'm very lucky with shinies mate, I can't refill my transporter up quickly enough 😅