Japanese Crystal GS Ball

Yuuyake

I'm going to post this because I'm stumped, I did a bunch of research about the GS Ball and getting Celebi in Japanese Crystal and all sources say I needed to of used the gameboy mobile device to get one. It's my first time playing the Japanese version of Crystal, and leaving the building the woman gave me the GS Ball, and I was able to give it to Kurt.

I'm a scrub with two badges and got handed a GS Ball, all sources online imply that I needed to have used this mobile adapter with a cell phone to get one. I'm looking for where I'm an idiot in all this, multiple sites and Youtube videos state the same information. Have I just interpreted it wrong and everyone playing a Japanese Crystal just gets given a GS Ball for visiting the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod?

I'm playing on a real official cartridge, it's been inside my gameboy player on a gamecube the entire time with the exception that I used the gsc lua scripts to reset for a shiny starter on VBA at the beginning. This isn't a rom hack, I didn't inject anything, and I didn't mess with the save file at all.

Sooo... everyone gets a GS Ball or VBA modified my save data??

41 minutes ago, Yuuyake said:

I'm going to post this because I'm stumped, I did a bunch of research about the GS Ball and getting Celebi in Japanese Crystal and all sources say I needed to of used the gameboy mobile device to get one. It's my first time playing the Japanese version of Crystal, and leaving the building the woman gave me the GS Ball, and I was able to give it to Kurt.

I'm a scrub with two badges and got handed a GS Ball, all sources online imply that I needed to have used this mobile adapter with a cell phone to get one. I'm looking for where I'm an idiot in all this, multiple sites and Youtube videos state the same information. Have I just interpreted it wrong and everyone playing a Japanese Crystal just gets given a GS Ball for visiting the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod?

I'm playing on a real official cartridge, it's been inside my gameboy player on a gamecube the entire time with the exception that I used the gsc lua scripts to reset for a shiny starter on VBA at the beginning. This isn't a rom hack, I didn't inject anything, and I didn't mess with the save file at all.

Sooo... everyone gets a GS Ball or VBA modified my save data??

I think VBA and/or your scripts modified your save data. From what I've tried no GS Ball was given at the PCC on the Japanese version of Crystal with just two badges, and as for getting the GS Ball, I think the sources you have are up to date.

I would think it’s the scripts. I’ve used VBA only Crystal (Japanese and English) multiple times and no GS ball.

also hey, aren’t you the one with the invalid encounters for JP Crystal? I’m starting to wonder if you used a hacked ROM when playing on VBA.

Also, did you play on the 3DS-VC variant? It gives you GS ball after you defeat the E4

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I would think it’s the scripts. I’ve used VBA only Crystal (Japanese and English) multiple times and no GS ball.

also hey, aren’t you the one with the invalid encounters for JP Crystal? I’m starting to wonder if you used a hacked ROM when playing on VBA.

Also, did you play on the 3DS-VC variant? It gives you GS ball after you defeat the E4

Yes that's me from the other topic! xD I used a ROM I dumped from the cart I've been playing on.

No 3DS variant just the gameboy color cart.