Transferring Boxes with Preserved Layout to New Games

urbanxx001

I've tried PKHeX's Data -> Dump and Load Boxes feature for transferring Pokemon from older games, but it seems to import in order of dex number rather than preserving the layout of the original boxes, since it's just batch import/export of individual Pokemon files. Saving as a box.bin does keep the layout, but it's only compatible with the same gen. Am I overlooking something or will I need to manually resort the boxes? Thanks

Edited by urbanxx001

5 hours ago, urbanxx001 said:

I've tried PKHeX's Data -> Dump and Load Boxes feature for transferring Pokemon from older games, but it seems to import in order of dex number rather than preserving the order of the original boxes, since it's just batch import/export of individual Pokemon files. Saving as a box.bin does keep order, but it's only compatible with the same gen. Am I overlooking something or will I need to manually resort the boxes? Thanks

https://github.com/foohyfooh/PKHeXSortingPlugin/releases

• urbanxx001 changed the title to Transferring Boxes with Preserved Layout to New Games
59 minutes ago, urbanxx001 said:

The plugin is cool, but it simply sorts current pokemon in the boxes by regional dex number. I'm wanting to export/import boxes as they were. I'm assuming no plugin exists for that.

Only if you exported the mons as a pcdata.bin

if so, you can import that bin, and they’ll be the exact order that you exported em as. 

It is not as tho the program would know what order a bunch of Pokémon were exported as, unless you export them exactly like as the bin, which retains the order info. 

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Only if you exported the mons as a pcdata.bin

Right but those bin files can only be used with games of the same gen, or at least that's the error I get when trying otherwise. I appreciate the help, but I'm gathering that I'll need to reorder manually.

Edited by urbanxx001

14 minutes ago, urbanxx001 said:

Right but those bin files can only be used with games of the same gen, or at least that's the error I get when trying otherwise. I appreciate the help, but I'm gathering that I'll need to reorder manually.

That is true. I guess the only way would be to have a plugin that number the exports in ascending box order, but also exports blank spaces, so that you can import them in as-is afterwards, but that ain't a thing.

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

That is true. I guess the only way would be to have a plugin that number the exports in ascending box order, but also exports blank spaces, so that you can import them in as-is afterwards, but that ain't a thing.

Good brainstorming though. Hopefully a programmer takes it up in the future.

Edited by urbanxx001
  • Like 1