USUM sav edits problems

Torofu

I read a bit into this before joining, but after not finding much I figured I would join and try explaining my problem here. I love the PKheX project and been using it to play the games on my 3DS, but ran into one problem, on both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I get the corrupted save message when trying to give myself all the clothes with PKheX, I’m using the latest version and I can’t seem to figure out what the problem may be, if it may be I’m just trying it too early in the games. Thanks for the help, guys! I specifically did it after getting to the first Poke Center before the trainer school in both games.

Edited by Torofu
Typos

1 hour ago, Torofu said:

I read a bit into this before joining, but after not finding much I figured I would join and try explaining my problem here. I love the PKheX project and been using it to play the games on my 3DS, but ran into one problem, on both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I get the corrupted save message when trying to give myself all the clothes with PKheX, I’m using the latest version and I can’t seem to figure out what the problem may be, if it may be I’m just trying it too early in the games. Thanks for the help, guys! I specifically did it after getting to the first Poke Center before the trainer school in both games.

How are you transferring the save to and fro from the 3DS?

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

How are you transferring the save to and fro from the 3DS?

I make a backup of the save in Checkpoint and then I use a homebrew FTPS app on my 3DS and FileZilla to transfer the save files to and from my 3DS and my Mac. I tried JKSM too.

1 hour ago, Torofu said:

I make a backup of the save in Checkpoint and then I use a homebrew FTPS app on my 3DS and FileZilla to transfer the save files to and from my 3DS and my Mac. I tried JKSM too.

Make sure FileZilla’s transfer protocol is Binary, not ASCII. If it was indeed ASCII, then it is probably losing data from the transfers. Retransfer everything 

If it isn’t, let me know, and we can brainstorm further.

29 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Make sure FileZilla’s transfer protocol is Binary, not ASCII. If it was indeed ASCII, then it is probably losing data from the transfers. Retransfer everything 

If it isn’t, let me know, and we can brainstorm further.

Seems that was it! Gave it a go on UM real quick and the save loaded, thanks a ton! Quick question, does the game still crash when going to a dye shop in the festival plaza? Thanks again for your help! I’ll be sure to keep you posted, but it’s worked flawlessly in all the other games thus far!

8 minutes ago, Torofu said:

Seems that was it! Gave it a go on UM real quick and the save loaded, thanks a ton! Quick question, does the game still crash when going to a dye shop in the festival plaza? Thanks again for your help! I’ll be sure to keep you posted, but it’s worked flawlessly in all the other games thus far!

"does the game still crash when going to a dye shop in the festival plaza? "

I never had this happen, so I'm not even sure what you're referring. In any case, it isn't related to the bad transfer protocol causing corruption. Glad that was resolved at least.