Sun and Moon Marshadow

Stymie

Is there a way to get Marshadow with it's z move into my copy of sun and moon?  Do I inject a mystery gift into my save file?  (And where can I find these events.  I checked the galley)  I tried putting a Marshadow holding it's z-crystal but it would not use the z-move.  Same with the Mew and the Snorlium Z.  

1 hour ago, Stymie said:

Is there a way to get Marshadow with it's z move into my copy of sun and moon?  Do I inject a mystery gift into my save file?  (And where can I find these events.  I checked the galley)  I tried putting a Marshadow holding it's z-crystal but it would not use the z-move.  Same with the Mew and the Snorlium Z.  

I'm assuming you're on SM. Inject this Marshadow into the mystery gift, then receive it in-game via the deliveryman.
After you receive the gift (Marshadow and the Crystal), equip the crystal in-game to Marshadow.

You've also need to have received the Z-Ring legitimately.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 4:23 AM, theSLAYER said:

It is possible that you merely hacked the Z crystal onto the mon, but used the wrong version.
They are actually two item IDs for the Z crystal: one meant to be in the bag, one meant to be held.

I presume you made the mon hold one in the bag, hence Z-move option didn't appear in battle.

That is exactly what I did.  I have little experience in gen 7 and do not exactly know about the mechanics.

• Like 1