Is it possible to extract and fix a corrupted save file from a physical Emerald cartridge?

Monkah

I have been playing through Pokemon Emerald on a Gameboy Advance SP. I have 85 hours and was working on an extensive living dex. I was in the process of trading between Emerald and Ruby, and the game froze while saving after trading Graveler that evolved into Golem. When I reloaded the game, I was met with the attached screen. I cannot move or do anything. I have invested an exorbitant amount of time and would just like to get all of my Pokemon back.

IMG_7612.jpg

I don’t have the means to do that right this second. I did a Google search trying to find out if it was possible which led me here. I will gladly purchase the hardware necessary if there is even a small possibility that it can be done. I’m just not sure what I need to get. 

Just now, Monkah said:

I don’t have the means to do that right this second. I did a Google search trying to find out if it was possible which led me here. I will gladly purchase the hardware necessary if there is even a small possibility that it can be done. I’m just not sure what I need to get. 

depends on what it looks like. I can't guarantee it is possible. We need to look at it before we know. We're not magicians 😜

I understand. Point me in the right direction for what I need to get it uploaded and I’ll give it a shot. I have a Gameboy Advance SP and a DS Lite. 

I ordered an R4 card to get the save file off the cartridge. Worst-case scenario, would I theoretically be able to use something like PKHeX to recover all of my Pokemon and load them onto a new save?

5 hours ago, Monkah said:

I understand. Point me in the right direction for what I need to get it uploaded and I’ll give it a shot. I have a Gameboy Advance SP and a DS Lite. 

I ordered an R4 card to get the save file off the cartridge. Worst-case scenario, would I theoretically be able to use something like PKHeX to recover all of my Pokemon and load them onto a new save?

Once again, it depends on what your save is like. Can you still access the party while being stuck in that glitch land?