Reverse engineering RNG seeds

da72107

Hello! A friend traded me an event pokemon they won in a small grassroots tournament recently, asking me to look into it using PkHex and see if it's legitimate. It looks fine in terms of IVs, EVs, origin, and the obvious stuff, but I was hoping to reverse engineer the RNG seed to see if the IV spread/other related attributes correlate. Is there a way to do this using the RNG reporter or anything in PkHex? Thank you!

Thank you for the reply! Just one more question I hope: when I do this for this Tapu Fini (the Poni shiny wondercard one), it seems to say "PID Type: None" for the CTRL Click legality check. I've seen this before on legit mons like my gen VIII stuff so I know some mons naturally have this, but I know for some older pokemon like Colosseum/XD, there should be an origin seed and PID type. If it says None in this context, does that mean that the legality checker couldn't detect a RNG seed because there isn't an applicable predictable table (as in "don't worry about it, this doesn't apply here"), or that it simply didn't recognize the PID type from the available info (as in "might be okay, might not be, depending on context")?

Basically, I'm trying to look at the PID it has and reverse engineer what the IVs should be from that PID, to see if they were modified in any way. I also tried looking in 3DS RNG Tool to check possible spreads that way, but it seems that they don't show PIDs for that program for available frames with the matching IVs. 

Edited by da72107