Shiny PID/TID HGSS (Pokefinder)

kit0

Hello!

I'm working on recreating the team of my first HeartGold playthrough (the cartridge was taken from me as a child 😔). The team included a few shinies, hence why I'm using PKHeX.

I've been following this great tutorial to generate Pokémon with a legal IVs/Nature/PID combination, and then using the obtained PID to generate a TID/SID combination that makes the Pokémon shiny and legal (see Shinification section in the tutorial).

Now, since I'm recreating an old playthrough, I want all shinies to have the TID that I had during that playthrough.

Following the tutorial's instructions, on Pokefinder, I click on Gen 4 IDs > Shiny PID, I input the PID of a given Pokémon, I click on Search for TID, and I put the TID I want my Pokémon to have.

Here comes the problem: when I click on Search, even infinite search, no result comes up.

I've also tried the second method for Shinification indicated in the tutorial, and again it didn't succeed. 

Would somebody be able to indicate me how to use an obtained legal PID and a desired TID to find the SID that makes the Pokémon shiny?

I can provide screenshots and files, too. Thank you so much in advance ♥️

If you only care about the TID, in PKHeX, simply hold ALT and Left Click on the star icon next to the PID. This will alter the Secret ID to be shiny without changing the Trainer ID or PID.

If you want all pokemon to match the exact same Trainer ID AND Secret ID, then you will have to find new IVs/Nature/PID combinations that match your desired TID and SID combo.

To do this, in Pokefinder, set up a profile with the desired Trainer ID and SID, go to Gen 4 and the correct option for the type of encounter, then Searcher, set the correct Method for your encounter, enter your desired filters and set Shiny to Star/Square, then hit Search.

• Thanks 1

OMG, I didn't know about any of these methods! I've tried both of them and with the second one I've managed to recreate my original HeartGold team with all Pokémon sharing the same TID/SID combination!

Thank you so much, you've made my dream come true ❤️

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2022 at 12:14 AM, Atrius97 said:

If you only care about the TID, in PKHeX, simply hold ALT and Left Click on the star icon next to the PID. This will alter the Secret ID to be shiny without changing the Trainer ID or PID.

If you want all pokemon to match the exact same Trainer ID AND Secret ID, then you will have to find new IVs/Nature/PID combinations that match your desired TID and SID combo.

To do this, in Pokefinder, set up a profile with the desired Trainer ID and SID, go to Gen 4 and the correct option for the type of encounter, then Searcher, set the correct Method for your encounter, enter your desired filters and set Shiny to Star/Square, then hit Search.

how would you get a legendary shiny with your tid, sid and ot? like for example Azelf. I am able to get it shiny with my tid and ot, but i need my sid as well. in pokefinder Valor cavern isnt available. and no mention of azelf. so how would I get Azelf with my tid, sid and ot? 

thanks for the help in advance.