Expanding Force problem double battles

Shadic12

I have been doing double battles at the battle tower and my Team is Indeedee-F with Psychic Surge and Articuno-Galar with Expanding Force and every time I use the move it only hits one pokemon instead of both even though psychic terrain is in effect. My question now is if my Shield save is glitchy or its something else. Here is my Save if you want to check it out yourself. If one of you is an admin I just want to know if you could move this topic to the pokemon disscussion gen 8.

main

Edited by Shadic12

1 hour ago, Shadic12 said:

I have been doing double battles at the battle tower and my Team is Indeedee-F with Psychic Surge and Articuno-Galar with Expanding Force and every time I use the move it only hits one pokemon instead of both even though psychic terrain is in effect. My question now is if my Shield save is glitchy or its something else. Here is my Save if you want to check it out yourself. If one of you is an admin I just want to know if you could move this topic to the pokemon disscussion gen 8.

main 1.53 MB · 1 download

No your game or save is not glitched that is the intended effect of Expanding Force. The problem is your Expanded Force user is not grounded so it does not gain the effects of the terrain. This is how all terrains work for Pokémon with the Levitate ability or is a Flying type they will not gain the effect of the terrain. For further reading check out Bulbapedia's page https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Expanding_Force_(move)