Pokedoc's Savegame Manager Troubleshooting (FTP and DS Lite)

Mutty

I'm currently having tons of issues with smallFTPD and the Homebrew NDS app "Savegame Manager" originally made by Pokédoc and distributed via github by this guy: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/nds-savegame-manager

Beforehand I could make this method work by tinkering with the FTP Port, but now it doesn't anymore, in both of my computers (even the one when it worked previously). The only things I changed are the phone model and the IPV4 address: every time I updated the address on the savegame_manager.ini file, but always got stuck at the "Looking for an FTP server, please wait" screen on my DS.

What happened? Why it stopped working all of a sudden?

1 hour ago, Mutty said:

I set up smallFTPD as the pdf told me to as well, yet..

that doesn't answer my question tho...

Anyhow, what was your original phone model, and what is your new phone model?
Are you using it to hotspot between your com and the NDS as I guessed?

Also, if so, were you able to test whether your NDS connects to your hotspot network via NDS connection settings?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

that doesn't answer my question tho...

Anyhow, what was your original phone model, and what is your new phone model?
Are you using it to hotspot between your com and the NDS as I guessed?

My old phone model was a Galaxy A30S, new one is Galaxy A12.

Both my laptop and DS Lite are connected to the same hotspot, both when it worked and now. My issue is not with the internet connection (I use Wiimmfi everyday), I'm sure the problem lies on the FTP server and FTP ports.

5 minutes ago, Mutty said:

My old phone model was a Galaxy A30S, new one is Galaxy A12.

Both my laptop and DS Lite are connected to the same hotspot, both when it worked and now. My issue is not with the internet connection (I use Wiimmfi everyday), I'm sure the problem lies on the FTP server and FTP ports.

Sorry, I added one line but your must have missed it. (I guess I was adding it as you were replying heehee)

Also, if so, were you able to test whether your NDS connects to your hotspot network via NDS connection settings?

The entire reason why I asked is because some phones force you to hotspot via new network protocols. We are talking about a device that is about 10 years old now, and it uses older network protocols. For example, I couldn't use my iPhone or modern day router to set up a network. compatible with the NDS

Well, if you're able to use Wiimmfi (information you didn't mention prior) then the network is definitely fine-ish. Tho that said, if the networks were truly the same as previous, it should have connected fine, no? Well, I'm officially out of ideas. I hope someone can help you with this old ass system :)

1 hour ago, Mutty said:

I'll have less trouble softmodding a 3DS, and Checkpoint will do..

Thanks anyways for your time.

Yeah sorry to hear that. It’s just such an old method and I’m unsure if anyone still uses it here :/

yeah if you don’t get replies, might be better to softmod a 3DS  : x