Pokemon wont obey after being edited

DedSecTV

1 hour ago, DedSecTV said:

edited some pokemon and and they stopped obeying me. Is there a way to increase the level need for them to obey?

I'm under the impression those mons you edited did not belong to the trainer of the save, and the progress of that save is not far enough.

You want to edit "outsider's Pokémon" and have them obey? Increase your trainer progress.
(Basically earn more badges/trial stamps)

There's no other way..

18 minutes ago, DedSecTV said:

no the pokemon belong to me. I guess im not far enough in.

If the Pokemon fully belong to you (OT name, OT gender, TID and SID same between mon and save), it would obey, regardless of progress. Make sure they fully belong to you.

18 minutes ago, DedSecTV said:

but i found a boolean in the batch editor called "obedient" could that be used to force the mons to obey?

No. There isn't a byte that controls obedience.

That's probably a leftover from when fateful encounter flag was called obedience flag in Gen 3.
(To give context, back in those days, any Mew and Deoxys will never obey, even if you defeated E4)

• Kaphotics changed the title to Pokemon wont obey after being edited
19 hours ago, DedSecTV said:

is there a way to disregard or force obedience or is progression the only way?

The only ways are
a) make sure you truly own them (all their details match the save, origin game match the save etc)
b) Progress far enough through the game.

19 hours ago, DedSecTV said:

because in my first playthrough i had level 60 pokemon before the first gym challange and obeyed just fine.

As I've said prior:

If the Pokemon fully belong to you (OT name, OT gender, TID and SID same between mon and save), it would obey, regardless of progress.

Consider reading outsider Pokémon and obedience.