Can R4 cartridge receive transferred PM from real GBA cart?

Im trying to migrate pokemon gen to gen, but only lack of the real cartridge of gen 4 English version, so can the R4 rom of gen 4 game receive pokemon from real gba cart so that I can transfer them to japanese ver gen 4 to pass on instead of spending extra money on another gen 4 cartridge, would it work?

Edited by PKHex_User

47 minutes ago, PKHex_User said:

Im trying to migrate pokemon gen to gen, but only lack of the real cartridge of gen 4 English version, so can the R4 rom of gen 4 game receive pokemon from real gba cart so that I can transfer them to japanese ver gen 4 to pass on instead of spending extra money on another gen 4 cartridge, would it work?

G4 can be on R4. G3 has to be actual retail cart or very very specific flashcart.
(this probably won't work with G3 repros, cause their save is somewhere else the G4 game isn't expecting)

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

G4 can be on R4. G3 has to be actual retail cart or very very specific flashcart.
(this probably won't work with G3 repros, cause their save is somewhere else the G4 game isn't expecting)

Yes my gen3 cart is authentic, so my english R4 gen4 game will recognize my gen3 for transfering as long as i beat the champion, right?

Edited by PKHex_User

9 hours ago, PKHex_User said:

Yes my gen3 cart is authentic, so my english R4 gen4 game will recognize my gen3 for transfering as long as i beat the champion, right?

Probably.

I can say for a fact that Flashcart G4 Pokemon can receive mons from retail G3 carts, because I've done that very thing myself in the past. Pal Park works, and Dongle Method would activate.

However, I cannot guarantee that it would occur for you, since there may be some factor on your end we don't know about. So all I can say is "it'll work as long as all is as you claim."

One good way to determine if it will work, is: does Dongle Method (Slot-2 wild spawns) appear for you?

Also, is your G4 game and G3 game both of the same language?