Converting a 100% save file to my own save

stebrick

I downloaded a Sword save from the link below.

I'm trying to change every details of the mons and trainer info to look like it's my own unquie save and they are my mons captured or traded by me (with new name, new SID, and TID), instead of "Ash" (SID: 2019, TID: 15119).  In other words, I just need to replace Ash's indentity with mine.

So my first question is, what are the exact scripts I should put in the Batch Editor to achieve this purpose?  I did some searches myself but I'm not sure (a) whether they are correct; and (b) whether I omit anything that should be changed.    So far I only figure out the following script  (X stands for new ID number), and hope someone here could optimize it:-

=OT_Name=Ash
=TrainerSID7=2019
=TrainerID7=151119
.OT_Name=NewName
.TrainerSID7=XXXX
.TrainerID7=XXXXXX

Second question is that I dont understand the trainer information in the following screenshot.   Ash, the owner of this save file, is the original trainer who obtained it but currently he is NOT the Latest Handler (aka current handler / handling trainer).  Yet he is now having this mon in his PC box and the green highlighted background indicates he is the current handler?   Can someone explain with several examples how was this pokemon obtained in a non-hacking scenario?  Because of this issue, I'm hesitated to alter CurrentHandler in the Batch Editor.

Spoiler

PKHeX_FSYB4eV7Fs.thumb.png.6d2d4b54f5749c30ed66155f94896bf9.png

mod edit: your large image was placed in a spoiler.

Third quesiton is, how to reroll every mon's PID & EC without breaking anything  (like shiny one) or making it illegal (e.g. PID mismatch)?  If exceptions are required, can someone post those exception scripts in Batch Editor when reolling all mons' PID & EC?  I noticed in this save file that almost all mons dont carry a PID type (no overworld8 and nothing from a raid, except some have CXD type), which seem unusual (apparent case of hacking?) but safe to reroll PID & EC?

Fourth question is about gigantamax, which I admit I'm not very familiar with.  I read from various sources that gigantamax pokemon cant be bred but in this save file there are many gigantamax mons caming from "As Egg".  How is this so but still legal?

I think those are my questions for now.  Thank you very much in advance.

1 hour ago, stebrick said:

I'm trying to change every details of the mons and trainer info to look like it's my own unquie save and they are my mons captured or traded by me (with new name, new SID, and TID), instead of "Ash" (SID: 2019, TID: 15119).  In other words, I just need to replace Ash's indentity with mine.

So my first question is, what are the exact scripts I should put in the Batch Editor to achieve this purpose?  I did some searches myself but I'm not sure (a) whether they are correct; and (b) whether I omit anything that should be changed.    So far I only figure out the following script  (X stands for new ID number), and hope someone here could optimize it:-

=OT_Name=Ash
=TrainerSID7=2019
=TrainerID7=151119
.OT_Name=NewName
.TrainerSID7=XXXX
.TrainerID7=XXXXXX

Looks fine as it is.

Can someone explain with several examples how was this pokemon obtained in a non-hacking scenario?  Because of this issue, I'm hesitated to alter CurrentHandler in the Batch Editor.

First, notice the owner of the save (Ash).
Then notice the name of Latest NotOTHandler (PPorg)
Finally, notice where the green box is on (Ash)

Basically, imagine this:
The mon was traded from Ash to PPorg (hence PPorg being Latest NotOTHandler),
Then the mon was traded back to Ash (hence the green box being on Ash).

The Latest NotOTHandler doesn't get wiped. The mon's data just indicated the current handler is back to Ash (the green box).
Makes sense?

Third quesiton is, how to reroll every mon's PID & EC without breaking anything  (like shiny one) or making it illegal (e.g. PID mismatch)?  If exceptions are required, can someone post those exception scripts in Batch Editor when reolling all mons' PID & EC?

There is no batch editor script to fix PID mismatch.

You gotta roll them all manually one by one.
I have a tutorial regarding how to do that manually.

Most of the mons are bred, so rerolling the stats is probably fine. It's the non-bred entries and past gen entries that you have to worry about.

I noticed in this save file that almost all mons dont carry a PID type (no overworld8 and nothing from a raid, except some have CXD type), which seem unusual (apparent case of hacking?) but safe to reroll PID & EC?

Back in the day I wiped a bunch of Pokemon that had PID types from the save, since I privatized some entries by rerolling PID and IVs and broke the overworld8 PID type then.

Bred Pokemon have no PID type. You probably didn't realize that they're bred.
I then filled up some of the missing entries with mons from Colo/XD (which could be transferred from HOME).

I privatized those by wiping the HOME tracker.

So for CXD entries, you should not roll PID/EC, but the bred entries are fine.

Fourth question is about gigantamax, which I admit I'm not very familiar with.  I read from various sources that gigantamax pokemon cant be bred but in this save file there are many gigantamax mons caming from "As Egg".  How is this so but still legal?

The Gigantamax factor can't be bred down.

However, since the Isle of Armor release, you can give Gigantamax Factor to species that can Gigantamax (except Melmetal).
Hence why it's possible for hatched mons to be legal while bearing the G-factor.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:35 PM, theSLAYER said:

The Latest NotOTHandler doesn't get wiped. The mon's data just indicated the current handler is back to Ash (the green box).
Makes sense?

I see.  So this is exactly how a mon should look like in pkhex when it's transferred for evolution then back to the original trainer.  

I privatized those by wiping the HOME tracker.

Is it so far still ok to keep empty home trackers of mons transferred from previous gen without transferring them via Home?  I read the other post about it and wonder if nintendo has taken any action so far.  I know safest option is to do the trasfer, but Pokemon Home is 3 times expensive than Pokemon Bank and imagine you need to pay for both of them to transfer a safe-edited mon :(   Btw...I'm actually looking for snorlax or munchlax with holdback but they seem only available from a gen7 event...?

However, since the Isle of Armor release, you can give Gigantamax Factor to species that can Gigantamax (except Melmetal)

Yes, I actually got this shortly after I posted the question.  It's the Max Soup that did the trick.  I thought I had to hack those wild area events to get those perfect G-max mons then I realized this could save significant time.

3 hours ago, stebrick said:

I see.  So this is exactly how a mon should look like in pkhex when it's transferred for evolution then back to the original trainer.  

yup, that's how PKHeX will know "you didn't trade" and mark those as illegal.

Is it so far still ok to keep empty home trackers of mons transferred from previous gen without transferring them via Home?  I read the other post about it and wonder if nintendo has taken any action so far.  I know safest option is to do the trasfer, but Pokemon Home is 3 times expensive than Pokemon Bank and imagine you need to pay for both of them to transfer a safe-edited mon :(   Btw...I'm actually looking for snorlax or munchlax with holdback but they seem only available from a gen7 event...?

They've not taken action for empty HOME trackers or valid HOME trackers presently.
No idea if they'll keep it this way.

To get valid HOME trackers, transfer them properly.
To get any kind of HOME tracker (which may not be valid), transfer the Gen 8 versions into HOME. You can do this via the free HOME app on the Switch. (once again, the HOME trackers obtained this way may not be valid).

Yeah, those moves are probably from the event with the Z-Crystal.

Yes, I actually got this shortly after I posted the question.  It's the Max Soup that did the trick.  I thought I had to hack those wild area events to get those perfect G-max mons then I realized this could save significant time.

Yeah, plus hacking them into raids may result in illegal mons.
Bred + Soup is the way to go.