Jump to content

Pokemon White 2 corrupted save


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, I just beat Draiden and got the 7th gym badge, and right before I had to talk to him next to the house besides the pokemon center (I think this triggers the team plasma encounter) I saved and closed the game, when I opened the game again Draiden was nowhere to be found. If I walk towards the house where Draiden would be standing at, my game freezes :( I don't know what to do... Does anyone have any fixes? 

I am playing on a ds flashcart, but I also have TWilight Menu++ if that could help.

 

I put my file down below if anyone is willing to check Thank you

Pokemon White 2 (Experience + Trade Evolution Patched).SAV

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

Hello everyone, I just beat Draiden and got the 7th gym badge, and right before I had to talk to him next to the house besides the pokemon center (I think this triggers the team plasma encounter) I saved and closed the game, when I opened the game again Draiden was nowhere to be found. If I walk towards the house where Draiden would be standing at, my game freezes :( I don't know what to do... Does anyone have any fixes? 

I am playing on a ds flashcart, but I also have TWilight Menu++ if that could help.

 

I put my file down below if anyone is willing to check Thank you

Pokemon White 2 (Experience + Trade Evolution Patched).SAV 512 kB · 0 downloads

Read how to do it at this specific post:

  Hide contents

1. Make copies of the 'corrupt save', known as [1] and [2]
2. I took the Flag data from a Base save and pasted the block into [1], using a hex editor. (offset for save structures here).
3. Keep a copy of this save, known as [before]
4. Load [before] onto PKHeX, then export the modified corrupt save. (to fix checksums)
5. Played on [before], till right after the point hang/freeze, then export the save as [after]
6. Load [before] as Load Old and load [after] as Load New onto PKHeX (as seen below).
Also copy the constants onto Notepad. (the changes are as seen below)
image.png

7. Now, set these changes back into [2] using PKHeX.

Save now fixed! You have your existing story flags kept, and changed the ones you just accomplished!

(walk through walls code may be required at some parts of the process, since some part of the narrative is technically not playable at the start of the game. Remember, the flag data was copied from a fresh game)
 

Original quote: https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/45984-resolved-looking-for-a-pokemon-white-2-save-file/?do=findComment&comment=233401

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Read how to do it at this specific post:

  

 

Thank you my friend, I tried following your steps, but on step 2, "pasting the blocks into a hex editor" what does this mean exactly? Do you have any tutorials that explain this? I'm quite confused I do not know how this works.

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

Thank you my friend, I tried following your steps, but on step 2, "pasting the blocks into a hex editor" what does this mean exactly? Do you have any tutorials that explain this? I'm quite confused I do not know how this works.

 

Thank you

The save offset link should tell you (a) the block's beginning offset [think: address/location/position] and (b) and end offset of the block.
So copy that chunk of data (as per the beginning and end) from base save and paste write into your save.

 

using Hex editor, you can Edit > Select Block
to select that chunk.

image.png

 

You can then Search>Goto the same offset on your save, then Edit>Paste Write.

 

Lemme know if you have any issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The save offset link should tell you (a) the block's beginning offset [think: address/location/position] and (b) and end offset of the block.
So copy that chunk of data (as per the beginning and end) from base save and paste write into your save.

 

using Hex editor, you can Edit > Select Block
to select that chunk.

image.png

 

You can then Search>Goto the same offset on your save, then Edit>Paste Write.

 

Lemme know if you have any issues.

Hi friend what do you use for Hex editor? Is it built in in PKHex or is a software you have to download on your pc? 

I'm sorry if these questions sound dumb I'm new to this

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

HxD

I did everything correctly up until step 5 Played on [before], till right after the point hang/freeze

But for some reason it still freeze when I walk up to where Draiden is supposed to be... I'll try again though

On HxD when you "Search>Goto the same offset on your save, then Edit>Paste Write."  Do you have to replace the blocks? Or just paste write it on the 1FF00 mark? Because I did the latter.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

I did everything correctly up until step 5 Played on [before], till right after the point hang/freeze

But for some reason it still freeze when I walk up to where Draiden is supposed to be... I'll try again though

On HxD when you "Search>Goto the same offset on your save, then Edit>Paste Write."  Do you have to replace the blocks? Or just paste write it on the 1FF00 mark? Because I did the latter.

Thanks

You copy the block from base save, then paste write it into your copy of the save.

Paste write overwrites the data, hence when I got you to do Goto first, cause you want to overwrite the correct data.

edit: There is something else very wrong with your save. I imported the event block from the other save I salvaged.
It should not be too far ahead from your save.
test.SAV

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You copy the block from base save, then paste write it into your copy of the save.

Paste write overwrites the data, hence when I got you to do Goto first, cause you want to overwrite the correct data.

Ok I managed to properly alter the save using HxD, and Draiden appeared! However when I walk to him, usually the game would force  a cutscene of him going towards his house and me following. However now there is no forced cutscene and he just stands there, when I talk to him he just says a few words then stays put. So I saved, made my [after] file and when I set my load old and load new it says "No event constant diff found" I literally have no idea what to do now. When I exported that its the same problem as I had before, nothing changed. When I would walk up to where Draiden would be at, game freezes... No clue how to fix this

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JudeTheDude said:

Ok I managed to properly alter the save using HxD, and Draiden appeared! However when I walk to him, usually the game would force  a cutscene of him going towards his house and me following. However now there is no forced cutscene and he just stands there, when I talk to him he just says a few words then stays put. So I saved, made my [after] file and when I set my load old and load new it says "No event constant diff found" I literally have no idea what to do now. When I exported that its the same problem as I had before, nothing changed. When I would walk up to where Draiden would be at, game freezes... No clue how to fix this

hey, check my previous post, there's an edit you missed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

hey, check my previous post, there's an edit you missed.

Hi friend! I just saw that you edited my save file with event blocks you had before, thank you very much!!!

It works fine up until I defeat zinzolin (the plasma elder guy) but then when the cutscene plays the game freezes because Draiden doesn't appear for some reason  :( 

I don't know why, I haven't edited anything important in the game to make it corrupted like this in the first place...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

Hi friend! I just saw that you edited my save file with event blocks you had before, thank you very much!!!

It works fine up until I defeat zinzolin (the plasma elder guy) but then when the cutscene plays the game freezes because Draiden doesn't appear for some reason  :( 

I don't know why, I haven't edited anything important in the game to make it corrupted like this in the first place...

did you use a cheat code or skipped badges or something.

well the best bet is probably to just set the save straight to battled E4. Do you want that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

did you use a cheat code or skipped badges or something.

well the best bet is probably to just set the save straight to battled E4. Do you want that?

I never used a cheat code to skip badges, I never had bugs in the game until I beat draiden and got the 7th gym badge :/

but if the only solution is to skip right through to the E4 I'll take it! I appreciate the help 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JudeTheDude said:

I never used a cheat code to skip badges, I never had bugs in the game until I beat draiden and got the 7th gym badge :/

but if the only solution is to skip right through to the E4 I'll take it! I appreciate the help 

you are using a patched game right? maybe the patch messed with something. Or maybe it's an anti piracy measure, who knows.

Try this save, it should be post champion now:
test.SAV

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

you are using a patched game right? maybe the patch messed with something. Or maybe it's an anti piracy measure, who knows.

Try this save, it should be post champion now:
test.SAV

I'm testing it out right now! All the areas are flyable so I'm beating the last gym right now, I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I can get the Reshiram or Kyurem though

Edit: nvm game freezes after I beat the 8th gym... I guess hope is lost unless I just want to roam the post game. But thank for the help though I appreciate it

Edited by JudeTheDude
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

I'm testing it out right now! All the areas are flyable so I'm beating the last gym right now, I'll let you know how it goes. I don't know if I can get the Reshiram or Kyurem though

Probably not the Kyurem, but you can try for the Reshiram.
Tho you could just uncheck Kyurem disappeared in PKHeX event flags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably not the Kyurem, but you can try for the Reshiram.
Tho you could just uncheck Kyurem disappeared in PKHeX event flags.

I'll try it out! Thank you

 

22 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Probably not the Kyurem, but you can try for the Reshiram.
Tho you could just uncheck Kyurem disappeared in PKHeX event flags.

Hi @theSLAYER do you by any chance have a save file right after the team plasma encounter in opleucoid city? Drayden is supposed to be outside confronting the plasma members but he is inside his house ready to teach my draco meteor. I think If im somehow able to skip team plasma in that short battle and beating 1 of the shadow triad before Cheren comes I think the save file should be fine. But I just can't because it freezes after beating the leader.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, theSLAYER said:

No, I don't have it. If you play someone else's save to that point, I can help import the event flags into your save.

Hello friend! I just speed ran through almost the entire game and I just got the 7th gym badge! In this (fixed) save Drayden is standing RIGHT THERE and is waiting for me walk up to him. Unlike my initial save from a few days ago, he disappeared and when I walk towards his house the game freezes. Is there any way you could help me import the event flags to my original corrupted save file? Because my progression, items, Pokémon completed trainer battles and etc are all there.

My 2 saves files are are the IDENTICAL spot in the main story, it's just that in my new save Draiden is here, and the old corrupted save ( that is pinned with the original post) Draiden is not

Thank you so much

 

Pokemon - White Version 2 (New, Draiden is here).sav

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JudeTheDude said:

Hello friend! I just speed ran through almost the entire game and I just got the 7th gym badge! In this (fixed) save Drayden is standing RIGHT THERE and is waiting for me walk up to him. Unlike my initial save from a few days ago, he disappeared and when I walk towards his house the game freezes. Is there any way you could help me import the event flags to my original corrupted save file? Because my progression, items, Pokémon completed trainer battles and etc are all there.

My 2 saves files are are the IDENTICAL spot in the main story, it's just that in my new save Draiden is here, and the old corrupted save ( that is pinned with the original post) Draiden is not

Thank you so much

 

Pokemon - White Version 2 (New, Draiden is here).sav 512 kB · 0 downloads

try this

Pokemon White 2 (Experience + Trade Evolution Patched)(1).SAV

 

For the record, I've just imported the event block from this save to the previous save. I then used PKHeX to fix the checksums.
Event block details same as before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...